Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Alexis Sanchez is a forward. End of.

1 Like

So why are all the players we are linked with to replace him with midfielders?

Because Mahrez and Lemar can play in Alexisā€™s role.

Alexis Sanchez is a forward. I honestly donā€™t see the challenge in grasping what is ultimately a very simple concept.

@Oliver @InvincibleDB10 Heā€™s both an attacking midfielder and a forward.

Youā€™re both right guysā€¦lol.

4 Likes

This debates been going on for about four months now. Best to just let them keep going round like a dog chasing itā€™s tail.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t really care less what he is.
Itā€™s your arrogance and ending sentences with ā€œEnd of,ā€ as if because you say so, it must be right that I find irritating.
The fact is a lot of people, including me describe him as a midfielder simply because he isnā€™t a striker.
Why you canā€™t tolerate this is a mystery.

He is a forward. :wink:

Quite a few big clubs want Ox but Arsenal fans donā€™t rate him? :thinking:

1 Like

I suppose first of all we have to ask if big clubs genuinely are interested. This summer the interest perhaps looks a bit more real to me, but heā€™s been linked with big clubs for quite a while now and it has sometimes smelled a bit like him having a good agent who knows how to play the game.

Secondly, if the interest is real, are they interested in him because they think he has the potential to be a high quality member of the first team, or if they want to have him around to take up a homegrown spot and fill in in a variety of different positions when needed.

Iā€™m not making a judgment either way as itā€™s impossible for any of us to know until he signs for someone else and we get the chance to see how they use him. But at this stage I feel like itā€™s a bit simplistic to dismiss the opinion of Arsenal fans who donā€™t rate him on the basis of some rumours.

1 Like

Pretty sure the other big clubs want him to play the exact same role he plays for arsenal, a utility player

Pretty sure most people are saying they rate him as a utility player

If any team is offered Ā£20/Ā£30m for a utility player in he last year of his contract they should except it imo

The best the ox will ever be is the new James Milner but I doubt he will ever be that reliable

4 Likes

A true Emperorā€™s New Clothes player. Sell for whatever we can get and buy a much better player.

No brainer

1 Like

Reports say both Man City and Chelsea are interested. Great let them hold a bidding war. Full backs are going for Ā£50+ million. Letā€™s get as much as we can and use it to buy a truly world class player

What reports? City cant want another wing back, surely.

Another wingback? Where is he gonna play? Pep is crazy!

Same place he plays for us, a decent squad player that covers multiple positions

No place for him at City, would be silly to go there. However heā€™d be a perfect upgrade on Moses at Chelsea and help their HG quota.

So letā€™s keep him at this point.

Unless someone offers us a nice fee then yeah I agree as long as he signs a new contract

If he makes it. Lear heā€™s not signing Iā€™d sell him to whoever for what never though itā€™s. It exactly a Sanchez situation is it

It doesnā€™t really matter for Chelsea or City if Chamberlain can get in their team as of right now, he would be being bought with the homegrown quota in mind, like Raheem before him.

He ticks their box perfectly, but Chamberlain should not be a buffoon about it and realise he needs to not fall into that trap.

2 Likes