Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Nah I’m truly off the Ox bandwagon if he went to Liverpool.

because he’s the still same player, not suddenly going to be a changed man and world class in a new formation really. Loads of us have wanted him sold for a few years now, I think even including you

No it vindicates Wenger if anything.

1 Like

certainly not world class, but that kinda is whats happened yeah.

1 Like

I would dispute this. Or at least use a different word than good, or qualify it a bit.

3 Likes

Less shit?

7 Likes

Yeah, that works for me.

Ox was not shit this season. In fact besides defensive players only Özil and Sanchez would have been first on the team sheet before him. The collective pants shitting around here for the moment we thought he’d miss the cup final through injury was real.

3 Likes

Who said he was?

6 goals and 11 assists this year is a pretty good return. He’s been frustrating at times but since the move to wingback he’s made that position his own and his crossing has improved drastically.

It looks like we’ll have to pay him 100k a week but right now you’re not getting many better homegrown players that we could actually get

3 Likes

His best tally yet for us and has been superb in the right wing back role. Would be very silly to sell him the moment he’s starting to blossom.

2 Likes

First of all I’m more for keeping Ox giving how he performed in that wing back role at the back end of the season. A case could be made to sell him whilst his stock is reasonable though, what if he reverts back to being bang average post contract extension ? Then it’s Theo Walcott all over again :flushed:

Can’t think of any real viable reason for selling this lad , in this window at least. He’s warranted a squad place based on his utility alone.
No denying he looks better with the play in front of him so he can build up a head of steam, but the boy can be special on his day. Hopefully he’s at the age where consistency and efficiency become a thing. Staying clear of injuries would also be a big help !
I love the fact that he was one of the boys that fronted up through our poor run. Testicular fortitude In spades, and speaks well on behalf of the club.

1 Like

What do we care about his ‘‘stock’’. If we sell him we lose a player we’ve invested time and money into, and lose one from the homegrown quota. No point giving up on a player who has just started to find his place in the team.

What is there to be gained by selling him? We wont replace him with a better RWB. I personally think he is better in that role than Bellerin.

2 Likes

Pretty small sample size. Bellerin has been showing for some time that he could be genuinely world class one day, I don’t think Oxlade Chamberlain should now be considered above him because he played like 8 (?) good matches there. Once he got injured Bellerin came into the side and racked up a few goals and assists, almost immediately showing that he could do what Ox had been doing for us.

Looking at how Bellerin has performed over the years he’s always looked like RWB could be a better fit for him than just plain, old RB. I’m almost certain that when he gets to play in the role for more than a handful of matches he’ll make it abundantly clear that he is better than the Ox.

3 Likes

I’m hoping Wenger does not revert back to type and make Ox irrelevant again.

I don’t think Theo’s been bad value, last season he was poor but over the years including this one he’s delivered goals and assists only marginally below the elites. 19 goals this season is decent value for his wage.

Especially when you consider the homegrow tax. Rooney 300k, Sterling 180k, Delph 90k, Young 110k, Luke Shaw 100k, Lingard 100k, John Stones 100k, Henderson 100k, Milner 120k

Walcott on 110k is decent value in that group.

True, fuck its embarrassing how over paid English players are when you point it out like that :flushed:

1 Like

Bare in mind if you want a 25 man squad of over 21s, 8 of them have to be homegrown. Part of the reason Man City haven’t been as competitive in the PL is they haven’t had a 25 man squad of over 21s due to this. That’s also why they’ve had to spend 100m on Sterling and Stones while giving them 280k a week between them.

Guys like Fabregas and Bellerin are homegrown too as they have enough years in British accademies. But even then Cesc is on 180k and Bellerin 100k

3 Likes

Jeremy Wilson…
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/871807051210600449

2 Likes