Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Good as he’s been I’m not overly concerned as we have Bellerin. He’s had some rest after being run into the ground all season and theoretically should do well in our new system

1 Like

Bellerin off to a good start deputising for Oxlade Chamberlain

Haha he certainly made a case for that today didn’t he. All that free space to run into with all that pace and he ends up looking like a Spanish Theo Walcott.

If we have any hope of winning the cup we absolutely need Monreal and Ox on them flanks. Both have been exceptional as of late.

Set up Giroud’s goal, I thought he was dangerous all game and lots of good play involved him. I thought he was good. Funny how two people can watch the same game and all that

1 Like

Thought possibly losing the Ox for the remainder of the campaign could be a hammer blow given how influential he’s been in the 5-2-3 system, but the way Bellerin deputised for him yesterday will have alleviated a lot of that concern.

Wins an FA cup final and then gets to go home to a naked Perrie Edwards. What a life, what a hero.

4 Likes

Still think it was his last game in an Arsenal shirt and he’s even more likely to leave than Sanchez, let’s see if either Wenger staying on or a belief in a new role in a new formation is enough to change his mindset.

hope Liverpool do sign him

1 Like

2 words: fuck off :wink:

Me too hope lolpool get him and he comes back to destroy us Diddier Drogba style. It would be perfect justice to armchair manager Arsenal fanatics.

3 Likes

I haven’t really watched a full arsenal game since we changed formation but oxlaide chamberlain has always been like Gervinho, can always beat his man but completely no end product, He may only still be young at 23 but we’ve had to put up with him since 2011 which is a long time

Oh yeah that would just be absolutely hilarious.

I’m not a fan of people wishing bad things on their club just so they can say “told you so”.

So do one :hipster:

12 Likes

1 Like

Wenger has stuck with the Ox through all these years. There is no way he sells him after showing some of the best form of his career this year.

The more likely scenario is a bumper new deal and Ox is both competing with Bellerin for the RWB role and competing with Ramsey for the more offensive CM role in the 3-4-3. Wenger probably sees him as a guy who can play across the entire midfield in that formation.

2 Likes

Lol so why comment then? :confused:

Just makes you look silly :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I would say that’s the main difference between the blind Wenger followers compared to the others, the others want Wenger to prove them wrong, the blind Wenger followers generally want us to fail post Wenger so they can gloat about how great he was.

Really not sure where this notion he’s had a great season has come from. He had a good spell before we changed formation then a very good spell at wing back and he was improved from last year overall before that but he wasn’t anything special and I don’t think we’ve seen enough to be convinced he’ll be a big player over the course of his next contract, especially if Wenger plays him in midfield.

He’s on something like 65k a week and now holds the cards, so how much does he get now to be tied to us for another 4 years? 120k? 150k? If it’s true about Alexis and Ozil getting big offers and Ramsey expiring next year (can’t find anything concrete on whether he’s 2018 or 2019) then we’ll be adding something like 20 million to our wage bill just to keep players.

2 Likes

Yeh I’ve been thinking this too, for me he only really began earning his 65k a week towards the end of the season when he switched to right wing back. I certainly don’t want another Theo fiasco where he falls back into old habbits and begins to fracture the balance of the team by constantly moaning about playing in a central role.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it make Monsieur look a bit silly? :wenger:

1 Like