Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

[quote=“Calum, post:1063, topic:104, full:true”]
You can’t sell him now he’s finally looking a good player. Would be absolute madness
[/quote]Remember when you wanted him injuried during a game? :arteta: Such an improvement in recent months.

2 Likes

This old topic again?

We should aiming for significant upgrades in terms of qualityacross the board

In this case, upgrades in quality of final ball. Yes, he delivered one super quality ball
today and one against M.City for Monreal

but overall his end product is dire

we can do MUCH MUCH better

sell for as much as some mug team is prepared to pay and buy a top class player

how much would we get for him? £30 million? more?

With everyone fit Ox is about 5th choice currently- getting that kind of money
or a 4th or 5th choice player is a no brainer, add £20 million to the sale price
and get someone who actually makes a difference

we sorely need it

Hahahaha that was the 5-1 West Ham win in December after his absolutely awful first half

Keep him and only play him in midfield, not on the wings. We have finally found his role.

Which 4 players are better than him in his position/s?

Well, I would definitely keep him if a) he is ok with being a wing back for the rest of his career b) he can improve defensively (this should be doable) c) Wenger doesn’t stay d) it turns out that the 3 at the back is the best formation for us (this is a huge if atm) e) we have a manager who doesn’t play him when we don’t play 3 at the back, and instead plays someone good in his position on the right in a 4-3-3 and f) Wenger doesn’t stay, cause he seems to genuinely believe this nonsense about him being a central midfielder naturally and that that is his future position, and any manager who is going to build around Ox as a centre midfielder in his future plans is going to be fucking shit up

Given that the chance of all those 6 conditions coming to fruition is probably about .00000000001% (each one on it’s own has extremely low possibilities, especially the Wenger not staying one), I would sell to the highest bidder, yeah, and be glad that his value has probably increased in the last couple months.

He’ll stay though I’m pretty sure.

2 Likes

I hope he will stay, but he remains a brainless player. His first half has been horrible.

1 Like

Hope he fucks off to lolpool then has a Drogba like scoring record against us the rest of his career. Would serve you naysayers right.

2 Likes

spot on fella

he’s simply not good enough to make a serious difference to our success level

yet we could sell him for huge money

no brainer, sell to highest bidder, whoever that may be including rivals

then use money to get a big upgrade

(repeat with all the dross)

Problem is that we usually sell or replace with the same quality (sometimes worse) or do not replace at all. At least we know what we are likely to get now hopefully from AOC, but i dont trust Wenger to replace who he sells adequately anymore.

10 Likes

Wenger has to go too

Tide has turned with Ox. I always rated him though, some of you could try having faith in talent. :slight_smile:

Good to see him blossoming as a wing back.

I’m sure he’ll be a fine signing for Chelsea.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they have the market cornered when it comes to shit wingers who make good wingbacks.

I dunno i think you even lost faith in him along the way. Let’s be honest here, I’m the only one who stood by bae when times got tough.

1 Like

I always rated him too…

as extremely poor, with terrible decision making and no end product 98% of the time

fans need to take of the Arsenal blinkers and be able to assess players based on what they actually do

and the Ox has been poor for several seasons, by Arsenal standards

He’d be briiliant as an Aston Villa / Norwich / QPR type player

3 Likes

Granted he has been poor, as a Winger.

As a wing-back however, he has been a revelation, stepped up in big games and made a notable and obvious step up in the final third.

Bollocks to all that face saving list of demands AC made above, thats just the Gnabry fanboy in him talking. The lad has been one of the few positives in an otherwise negative season, and has comfortably earned his spot.

Ox and Bellerin at RWB is that position sorted for the forseeable future.

2 Likes

Can’t understand all the negativity here about him. He is one of our more exciting players to watch because of his pace and skill. That also makes him frustrating because he gets into great positions because of his pace and skill but then does something very ordinary with it. But then it only take a moment of quality from him to create a proper chance as he has shown in the last few games.

And he is capable of more than just the occasional moment of quality. He also puts fear in the minds of defenders when he runs at them because they know he can blaze past them in the blink of an eye. He is also not averse to using his left foot for shooting or putting in crosses. It’s because he can do all that, that he is perceived as brainless because there is little end product to all the quality. Play him consistently, in the same position, and if he still doesn’t improve, then get on his case.

1 Like

only my opinion, which is admittedly utterly worthless, but your position screams ‘accept mediocrity’ to me

There’s virtually no difference between winger and wing-back and his end product is and always has been poor

Yes, he’s produced a couple of decent crosses for goals

other than that he’s wasted the vast majority of opportunities to create chances by either mis-controlling, running the ball over the by-line, hitting the first defender, crossing beyond the penalty area or straight behind the goal

I just want someone MUCH better and we could easily get one by selling Ox (£35 million I heard) and adding £20 to £30 million - we could get someone that genuinely terrorises left backs, creates multiple chances every game and scores 12 to 15 league goals a season

i.e a total upgrade on the Ox, not much to ask