Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

I went to the rainy one too and last summer to make up for it! Last year much sunnier :wink:

Last SGP ever this one coming so may have to get involved again.

Weird buy from Dortmund lol.

2 Likes

Wishing a player good luck in a pointless friendly. Must be a slow news day.

A friendly v Germany is never pointless for England. It is not even a friendly. It is, if certain news outlets are to be believed, an extension of the Great War. Guys like Keane, Rednapp, Ferndinand and Neville will assure everyone who doesnā€™t want to hear it, that you have to show some gritā„¢, that you have to ā€œcombatā€ the ā€œwell-oiled machineā€ and do your country proud. Or something like that. So hopefully Alex will do just that, otherwise the Mail will have a word with him. :grinning:

2 Likes

We should change our national anthem to ā€œOne World Cup and Two World Warsā€

3 Likes

And donā€™t forget ā€œRule, Britannia!ā€ and ā€œLand of Hope and Gloryā€ (more hope than glory, surely, but that has never bothered a true patriot, amirite?)!

2 Likes

I sing that whenever I go on holiday to Europe and Iā€™m not even English

1 Like

Typical German. So arroā€¦

1 Like

Why, thank you. It means a lot. :grinning:

2 Likes

Liverpool

I remember hearing that Klopp is an admirer of Chambelainā€™s, when he first went to Liverpool.
I still think Chamberlain could be a good player.
I would much rather see Walcott or Ramsey go before him.

Saying that, Iā€™m not sure Wenger would sell him to a rival, unless they pay 30m or more.

Selling Ox would be an incredibly poor decision.

2 Likes

Someone actually wants to pay money for Lexi?

Feel free to bump this when Klopp has him playing like a superstar 3 months into the season. :+1:

2 Likes

If Arsenal are really ready to sell Oxlade to Liverpool for 35M, I offer my car to accompany him from London Colney to Melwood.

5 Likes

Crap decision. Ox has noticeably improved this season - weird time to sell him.

how can we be sure that that guy isnt a bullshit twatter ITK.

3 Likes

I disagree. Heā€™s a terribly limited player who holds a lot of value in the transfer market. Selling him and reinvesting that money would be good business.

5 Likes

Smart move for both parties.

Heā€™s improved as a CM but heā€™s never going to be the CM we need and he seems to have died as a winger. Rather lose and replace him than keep him.

I donā€™t think heā€™s better than any Liverpool player tbh.

Iā€™ve been Oxā€™s biggest critic over the years. For me he isnā€™t the first name who should be out the door this summer. You want to improve the quality in our midfield and attack? Theo and Ramsey should be one looking for new clubs right now first before we even start talking about Ox who has shown signs of life and who is the more valuable asset.

The transfer fee is important too, anything under Ā£35M and weā€™ve been had.

With Wenger, now looking like heā€™s staying, how do we even know that money is going to be reinvested into a better talents?

1 Like