Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

The only thing I’d love to see is a massive transfer fee.

1 Like

With a year left after the summer?

Don’t hold your breath.

When all the other English scrubs get sold for 20m+ I don’t see how we wouldn’t easily get 25-30m for Ox.

3 Likes

Aaaand not a fuck was given. Bye. He’ll go Man City and be Scott Sinclair v2.0

1 Like

Noooooioio, bae??? :sob:

That’s a “massive” fee is it? Didn’t insinuate he’d go for peanuts.

And to put it in perspective Kroos with a year left off the back of a world cup win went for around £20mil.

Considering English grit and all that there’s a chance he could go for the same, just highlights the ridiculousness of HG transfer fees.

I suppose we’ll see. Perhaps because we’ve only been selling utter dross, but I can’t remember the last decent fee we received.

1 Like

Can definitely see a scenario where Monreal/Gibbs is still our first choice LB next season, Coquelin is getting regular minutes and Wilshere is still here.

Three players forcing themselves out of the club probably prevents us from getting rid of the players we really should be moving on.

2 Likes

It really is but English clubs have been paying equal money for way worse players. If someone like West Ham really had to stock up on their HG playing quota I could see Ox being perfect for that and we’d get some money for a player that looks good in patches but hardly is the consistency in person, so why not.

Vermaelen (~€19m) is the only player we sold for more than 10m since the summer RVP left. We’ve been absolute dogshit at moving players on and more often than not we’ve been burning value on players out on loan just because we can’t move them on.

3 Likes

Yep - this is one of those latent costs of hangers-on. Could get ugly, but I’m fine with Europa League for a couple of years as long as we get out of this Groundhog Day we’re in.

Campbell, time to shine, tailor-made replacement

If he’s smart he’ll be targeting West Ham, Palace or Southampton

2 Likes

First of all, his performance yesterday confirmed my sensation: the perfect tactic for us is the 4-3-3 with Xhaka as pivote in front of the CBs, Oxlade-Chamberlain on the left and one between Ramsey or Elneny with them.

In this case, Granit Xhaka can receive the ball and be the play of the build up, not having any assignement like open the space, put pressure on the opponents, have less players to pass the ball into a less space.

1 Like

I think Chamberlain should head to Liverpool and play in central Midfield in Klopps system.

He should stay and thrive under a new manager.

I think this is just a sign of things to come if Arsene continues at the helm of this club. I wouldn’t want to see the Ox go as he has done rather well when played in his preferred position in the centre of midfield. Yes, he hasn’t set the world on fire but there is enough there to suggest he can become a very important player if we continue to play him there. But not under Arsene for sure.

I think this summer could see a big change in the club. Either Wenger will go or the likes of Alexis, Ozil, Ox and maybe even Bellerin will go. I wouldn’t count on Wilshere staying either.

Really hope it’s just paper talk on the back of a strong performance and his contract situation. Couild easily be his Dad angling for a good deal.

He’ll probably go Liverpool and fit into their high pressure system well. Shame really.

1 Like

I think he’s Wenger’s most subbed on player? Would love to know the stats on that, but they must represent a sizeable chunk of his 185 odd appearances

Reportedly not even offered a new deal so you’d have to say he’s nailed on to leave, altho if I were him I’d consider staying on into my final season and seeing if I can impress the new manager, once the likes of Ozil and Sanchez are gone

Is there really? [quote=“Midfield_Maestro, post:922, topic:104”]
He’ll probably go Liverpool and fit into their high pressure system well.
[/quote]

Will he really?

Is it really?

1 Like