Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

On left in first half.
On right in second half for 10-15mins
went back to left after a while
Then when Ramsey came in, he looked more central, not exactly midfield.
Basically in second half, he wasn’t hugging the touchline(like in first half) & was more & more close to midfield/channels as game went by.

1 Like

Yeah Trion nice analysis, when Cuellar posted that I was trying to think of why he looked so central there at the end. I think he did his best work from that spot on the pitch tbh.

Yeah it was a subtle shift which i noticed a little late.
Wish i could know what must have been Wenger’s reason to do so but it clearly worked. Hardly allowed West Ham any time on ball in second half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_ReLG7nJE

I think he said that once about 5 years ago. It means fuck all because hes never been played there.

Actually he has been played there. Maybe about a year ago, here are Wenger’s comments from Jan 2016.

It’s still never gonna happen on a regular basis.

1 Like

Maybe he will train him to play there since he doesn’t seem to fit much in a 4-2-3-1? He did move Cazorla quite successfully. Ramsey is in the same drawer I feel in that he just doesn’t have a role unless we have a thick 3-man (or more) midfield, he doesn’t do as well wide, he can not take Coq/Neny’s role, he is far behind Cazorla and Xhaka in the second midfield position and absolutely is not a #10. That’s what I hope for at least if he stays.

Ox doesn’t have the feet or discipline to control a midfield. He’s just about carving out performances on the wing.

Agreed.

How are you going to put someone who has such poor decision making in the middle? Fair play to him though he played a blinder yesterday.

He did Ox things in the first but played a good game in the second half. A better player would have got more out of this game with an average performance though and he’s far away from being a midfielder.

Lol disagree all you want, but that was hardly a troll attempt when Wenger said himself Ox can play there and Ox likes playing there, and Wenger’s played him there before. Thank you very much. I do expect an apology from you as well.

You’re not going to get one. After one game where he didn’t even play in the position you’re talking about and after no more than a couple of times of ever playing there over 5+ seasons you’re talking about him as a potential Santi replacement. Clear trolling imo.

I could have guaranteed there would be no apology. Nice try though. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah well regardless he was put in his place with his hasty retort…he was clearly WRONG (in my best trump voice).

The fact he actually did sone defensive work was good for me . His goal was a peach . credit where its due .

Was really hoping this was going to be his last season but Wenger’s said they’ve started negotiating a new contract :expressionless:

Its Wenger what do you expect? He loves average English players. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s accurate at all tbh. It just so happens there are sod all decent English players in our generation.

Good ball for Ozil’s goal, really glad he is starting to give positive contributions now recently, finally seems to be back on the right path in his development.

6 Likes

England international ergo he stays just like Welbeck.