Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Haven’t said he’s been so good but he’s a great impact player to have

I think putting Ozil and Chamberlain in the same sentence is wrong.

One is consistently very good and often world class, the other is rarely good.
Chamberlains cross for Giroud was a great ball, but if you put enough balls into the box then inevitably one will be good, but that doesn’t happen with him often enough.

Players like Walcott, Chamberlain, Giroud, Ramsey etc, who are first team regulars, who earn massive wages, and are simply not good enough to start for a top European side, illustrate Wenger’s stubbornness.

As I said before, no successful manager like Guardiola, Conte, Klopp, etc, would tolerate the sort of mediocre performances these players serve up so regularly and for so long.

We have needed a top quality winger and striker for more than four seasons, and yet Wenger still persists with Chamberlain and the others.

Why?

3 Likes

Except he’s made next to no impact in his Arsenal career which is unfortunately the problem with him.

2 Likes

LOL Don’t know why I said that, maybe its because Ive been to Hungary before haha.

1 Like

Please Wenger I beg you stop playing Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott together on each wing :neutral_face::neutral_face:

Our midfield was the problem in the first half not the wings

Wrong.

1 Like

We’ve got no choice. I think we should continu with Alexis as CF and Iwobi probably can’t play 35 games yet.

1 Like

We did although he’s currently in Lisbon :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

If I would have been in Campbell’s situation I would have forced an loan too.

I was forgetting Welbeck btw, but he’s injured again…

The midfielders were crap first half; I don’t know how you can say wrong

He put in a good performance. Nacho wasn’t alone marking two players for the first time in who knows how long. He did well.

For me he has played a not good game. He wasted many chances on counterattack, lost the possession during many times with wrong choices and wrong passes, no shot on target.

He started the game well with his speed and power against their RB, but the rest has been poor.

1 Like

Fair play to the Ox he worked hard all day and got rewarded with a goal and an assist.

Can I just say that was the best performance I’ve seen of him in a long time. Arguably since Milan if you ask me. More of the same.

4 Likes

Finally well played by him. He was great in the second half, albeit West Ham’s positioning allowed him to play in this great way.

Still has a long way to go, but he has very slowly been showing signs of improvement this season and at long last seems to be contributing far more to the team this season. A good assist and a lovely finish. Want to see him keep this up.

He seems to be making better runs as well, getting into good positions. Just really needs to work on his crosses a lot more.

Yes we need someone a lot better, but he’s what we’ve got right now and we need him to continue this sorta performance. He warrants a lot of negativiity, but for once, it’s good to be able to say some good things about him. Good work Ox :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done Ox, @Calum must be gutted :grinning:

5 Likes

Arsenal win 1-5 away so no :slight_smile:

He’s still awful though. One goal against one of the worst teams in the league this season changes nothing

Ox was superb, just superb. Think we might have found our replacement for Santi alongside Xhaka.