Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

I honestly didn’t really notice how bad he was, it seems like everyone is mad at him. I was too busy screaming at Ramsey through the TV lol.

So strange but so true. I’d be pretty happy nicking a living like that!

He’s probably unhappy on the pitch cos his time conning Arsenal out of money is surely coming to a close soon and he knows it

Not surprising from the guy who thinks Coquelin is the best DM in the league and Walcott is as good as Debruyne.

5 Likes

Top notch banter there, you’re such a lad!

3 Likes

It wasn’t banter.

1 Like

He was really horrible. really really horrible.

Get a grip Alex.

What did he do to warrant such flabbergasted disapproval? Partridge

Probably got the ball about 6 or 7 times when he came on and it resulted in 3 miss placed passes and 2 or 3 woefully overhit crosses.

1 Like

He sucked when he came on ,but then so did many of them .

I was at a CL games against Olympiacos back in 2011 and i remeber him absolutely tearing them apart in that game. He had barely turned 18 at that stage and i remember thinking “wow what a player we have on our hands here”. It wasn’t long after that he had that game against united where van persie was visibly shaking his head when wenger took him off.

Its hard to pinpoint what happened to that player but he has certainly gone backwards.

Its why im reluctant to put any faith in Iwobi. It’s nothing we havent seen before so far tbh.

3 Likes

He’ll get a pay rise in the summer though with his contract up in 2 years. Let’s just hope it isn’t with us.

1 Like

It is true, it was impossible to watch that game against Olympiakos and not think: shit, this guy is a massive talent.

It’s definitely a cautionary tale, but Iwobi has shown a football brain and ability to combine and associated consistently over a long enough sample for me to feel he’ll at least have a decent career, Ox never really showed that, just thrived off the daring and fearlessness that went well with his attributes.

You scared me into removing the photo btw. :grimacing:

I don’t feel Iwobi is there yet but we’ll certainly know more about him by the end of the season. If he can bounce back from this current slump (for want of a better description) my confidence in him will grow. Which im sure will mean a lot to him. :grinning:

I was looking out for you really :wink:

1 Like

When we watched that Ox tearing Olympiacos, United, Milan and Bayern in coming seasons; we were impressed by his dribbling & running at defenders.
Subconciously we thought he would add other elements to his games as time pass by, but he has not done that.

At the moment, he is a player with just one attribute - unpredictable dribbling.

Not enough. He is running out of time.

1 Like

He doesn’t even really do that especially well any more, tbh, it’s amazing how he’s actually got worse and worse each year. A Benjamin Button football development.

It’s clear he doesn’t process the game fast enough to ever be or have been a top player, but I definitely don’t think Wenger did him any favours with all that central midfield delusion/fantasy. He should’ve been developed as a more powerful version of Jesus Navas/Lucas Vázquez.

2 Likes

Why look outside when we have the template inside?
He should have been developed into a technical Theo Walcott if he can’t combine with players.

Bookmark the day when Ox puts in one of his rare beauty of a cross.

World class potential.

5 Likes

Like a victorian house, he has a very high ceiling. Lovely assist, you curly headed fuck.

Our team was screaming out for a player who can dribble past someone, ya know a guy who has an ounce of creative ability in his body. That team we had out there were a bunch of stiffs. Ox provided that, sometimes he’s not always in form or makes some dumb decisions but I’d almost certainly have an elite athlete out there than a slow plodding oaf.