Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

This thread is actually hilarious.

I saw a recent Iwobi interview in which he said that AOC is the last one on to the training pitch everyday.

Ox has 5 goals in all comps this season already. His best goal tally since heā€™s been at the club. Is this finally his breakout season?

Hopefully it was/is all just a mental thing for the Ox and once he gets his head straight he can convert that technique, drive and physique into consistency. That would be sweet. He was a star tonight, wp.

Heā€™s just not very good, attribute player sums it all up. Today he wasnā€™t especially good either, nor against Ludogorets, nor against Nottingham, but the opposition/level did suit him more.

7 Likes

Ox has been quite good in recent games.

Heā€™s getting the confidence bit by bit to get the maximum out of what he has. He is good at the low percentage direct approach when heā€™s at his absolute best. Sometimes that side of football does decide games where higher percentage ā€œoutplayingā€ doesnā€™t manage it.

Lets just say he wins us two Premier League games with a few solo goals or creates a few openings, and we go on to win the title by a small margin. His place in the squad would be entirely worth it for that.

Itā€™s good to have a few players in the squad who go about the game like that (well, itā€™s mostly just Walcott and the Ox) and who are actually playing closer to their potential. They were woeful for most of last season.

The reason so many casuals rate him highly is just because of that, theyā€™re casuals who only see football as shoot, score, dribble, tackle and save. He obviously is a relatively one dimensional player but that doesnā€™t mean he canā€™t be useful under the right management and timing.

Wenger post match

Nice to see him score twice. Interesting season for the ox. Breakout incoming?

Lets Just hope he can take some confidence from the cup performances into the League.

Hopefully we donā€™t need to use him in the league.

1 Like

So what if he is an attribute player. You cant have 25 world class intelligent players in the squad. Its good to have an option like Ox to bring off the bench and make an impact. Heā€™s still not ready to start games, which isnt really a bad thing considering the players in front of him.

1 Like

I donā€™t feel like our bench players, including Chamberlain, are what going to hold us back this season. Unless we lose players for several months. Every player who played yesterday is able to do a solid job for 2, 3 games if needed be. There are holes in our starting eleven, still.

We can obviously improve but apart from right wing, where else in first 11 do you feel we still have holes?

Im still not sold on Alexis being the CF + the RW they are the two that standout for me.

Our whole left side pretty much. Monreal and Iwobi are good players in their own right, but to reach the next level, we might want to look at improvements. Although at this point we donā€™t really know what Iwobiā€™s ceiling is.

Yeah Monreal has had a massive decline in form this season compared to last.

1 Like

Itā€™s still far from perfect but I am really excited with this experiment.

Monreal does seem like he is reaching his shelf life but still a solid player when he has someone ahead of him to help defend.

1 Like

But do we not need better than solid?

yeah agree, maybe not massive but definitely noticeable.

Iā€™m not sure, I does not make sense to me, you come here at 27, get good at 28 and stop being good at 30? I suspect something else. I hope something else, I guess.