Alex Iwobi

Tbf isn’t Jeff about 2 years younger?

1 Like

not sure but I remember everyone going mental about him, and I mentioned Iwobi

1 Like

If Alex will improve his defensive and mental qualities, he will become unstoppable. Has unique technique and physical qualities.

Let Luke have his fucking moment ffs

11 Likes

Bang tidy player. Could have had 3 goals in 2 games. Expect big things of him.

This is similar to how Ox did in his first season for us where he was really good, hope Iwobi doesn’t go the same way.

He won’t. Clearly a more intelligent player. And doesn’t rely massively on his physical attributes. His touch is great, vision is grand and weighted passes are class. Only weakness is his lack of defensive awareness.

Ox can barely control a bloody football, crosses to no one, doesn’t understand the basics of link up play, and worst of all has zero self confidence half the time.

2 Likes

We were talking the other day how there is no one else who has a chemistry that Sanchez & Ozil share.
Iwobi could be the answer to it. If he progresses, some of the interplay will be great.

In this clip, I could spot several Ozil-Iwobi interchange that didn’t transpire due to interceptions but ideas were great.

He’s a bit like KDB.

1 Like

@AbouCuellar, what about Iwobi now? Are you still unconvinced about him?

Haha why do you keep asking me this Luquito, I’m a fan of his, he convinced me last season as he did all of us.

Only thing I’ll say is that his rise has been very extraordinary, it’s rare a player that doesn’t stand out a lot at youth levels explodes at the top level as he has. I sometimes have a bit of the ‘waiting for the other shoe to drop’ feeling with him, like I did with Ramsey in his 13-14 season, which was the other time a rise felt so improbable to me that I could hardly believe it. I don’t see any reason to think that Iwobi should befall the same fate as Ramsey, though…the only thing I can think is maybe his upside could be limited, but if his football brain is as good as it seems it will probably make up for it.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I thought you were still doubtful about him. He is definitely a starter by now. He is one of the few players who takes on his man.

He is a real flair player, but has great technique as well, something we have needed since Walcott and Chamberlain started to become first team regulars.

Let’s hope he can keep these two away from our starting line up.

1 Like

He likes ribbing you because you were so adamant last year that Iwobi was poo and would never make it here and Jeff was the superior talent. Probably because you’ve got that bias against English players.

2 Likes

AC is a big fan of Ox > Iwobi. You can’t take what he says seriously. :smirk:

The natural price of having many opinions. When some end up wrong you can get judged across the board.

What a rise for Iwobi. Can’t be anything but happy for him.

He’s Nigerian.

:smirk:

I get mixed up as well.
I say we consider him English, who’s with me?

He’s both if he has dual citizenship. Which he probaly has since he was eligible to play for England and Nigeria.

2 Likes

Perfect.