Aaron Ramsey

I agree with you @Castiel , I do think Ramsey was good that one season and I think he is still a good player in the right setup, but this season (and probably last one as well) no midfielder of ours has been particularly good for any spell of time, and it absolutely used to be our strength.

I also think it directly links to why our defense, which should be relatively awesome on paper compared to previous iterations, is still conceding a high numbers, and why our attacking trio, again better than many previous iterations, isnā€™t scoring an awful lot.

This midfield obviously isnā€™t as good as past midfielders but thatā€™s a seperate issue to Ramsey upping his game. His defensive and covering have improved. As has his release of long balls and through balls that have played parts in chances and goals. His movement into space and getting all over the pitch is also very good. No he wonā€™t be the maestro Cesc was or the machine Vieira was. Heā€™s also hindered by his midfield partner in Xhaka who needs to get his game up a few levels.

Like it or not heā€™s having a top season. Hope his hamstrings donā€™t blow up on Saturday.

9 Likes

3 goals and 5 assists so far this season in the league, 3 games in 6 days will be a test for those hamstrings though.

1 Like

MOTM for me yesterday, his vision and precise through balls are becoming a thing now. 2 assists and a pre-assist and I thought a fair few other defense splitting passes. He carried the ball forward well and rarely lost it.

1 Like

Was excellent. Shouldā€™ve had another great assist with that Giroud effort.

1 Like

Called it on the 1st of August :yum:

2 Likes

Not sure what you think you called, but he had 8 goals in the league (13 all competitions) by this time in 13/14.

This season he has a grand total of 3 lol.

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah I was also going to say that :rofl:

1 Like

A completely new player. We canā€™t do without him atm.

And won the ball far more often, sometimes he was making about 8 tackles in a game.

However his intricate passing is better than in 13/14 and maybe anytime of his career

3 goals and 5 assists.

My initial post was just effectively saying that heā€™d have a top season, 3 goals and 5 assists so far would constitute that, if he keeps it up of course.

The smiley should have indicated that I was being slightly tongue in cheek, because what weā€™re seeing obviously isnā€™t on par with 13/14

2 Likes

If often seems like this is very difficult for people to understand.

2 Likes

This is Oliver were talking about, heā€™d ignore the obvious smiley to score some points

Bit salty about being called out I see.

Yep, whack gattuso and pirlo 2004-07 vintage in there instead and youā€™re title contenders.

No, I just donā€™t like you in the slightest.

Give yourself a pat on the back for calling someone out over a tongue in cheek post though. 1-0 to Oliver after the first leg

1 Like

Didnā€™t your mrs get you a mug for your anniversary?

Every day is 1-0 to me.

That Ramsey pass for the third goal against Huddersfield is a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Was very good again last night probably our best player this season.