2017/2018 Premier League Fixtures

Announced on Wednesday 14 June at 9am

Be great if we didn’t fuck up the opening day this time lads yeah

1 Like

Our opening day record has been disastrous since 10/11 season, I think our only win was 14/15 last minute at home to Palace.

1 Like

Yes, but before then it was pretty tasty – 6-1 v Everton in 09/10… :smiley: Can we have them again please? We’ve beaten them on the first day a few times in the PL era. Or Brighton away :+1:

1 Like

All be changed by thursday for television.

The great thing about the opening day of the season, is that we know we know it’s when Wenger starts doing his transfer business.

The worse we do, in our opening game, the more Wenger spends.

I’ve just thought of an ingenious idea that just might work.
What if Wenger does his transfer business before the start of the season?
That way the players can get to know his new team mates, and get some good pre season training.

It might just work.
I wonder if any other clubs do this?

1 Like

Don’t mind who we get as long as we don’t make a total cockup of the game like we did last season. One of the promoted teams would make for a pretty fun opening fixture.

1 Like

Brighton away would be nice as the first game.

1 Like

I remember a few years ago when we only just got a draw with Aston Villa on our first game of the season, I think it was out first game at the emirates and Gareth Barry scored

1 Like

I just refreshed my memory a bit about our record in August the last few seasons. In total since 2010-11, our August record in league play stands at 5 wins 7 draws 5 losses. That is shockingly bad and a huge indictment of Wenger.

Huddersfield, Brighton, Stoke, preferably 2 at home to start off with. 9 points already.

Due an away game. Played Liverpool in the past im going for that for the tv.

Newcastle at home is my predication

my prediction for our first game is a North London Derby at our home ground, Wembley :wink:

Looking forward to the NLD at Wembley though. Should be a novelty.

1 Like

No, thanks guys. Easy games first :hipster:

I really don’t care who we play first, second, third…unless the club give me something to be excited about this summer.

7 Likes

They have the europa league…we have a new experience :henry2:

1 Like

Spurs away

Do you want to get embarassed on the firat day? :hipster:

Rumours are we have the Cherries away