User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Wenger hated so much these days? - IORP's Question Time

BANNED

Home is where the heart is regardless of location
    OA Cash

Why is Wenger hated so much these days? - IORP's Question Time

A man who's shown more loyalty than any other in Arsenal's history, gave us the Emirates, and practically secured our long term future whilst keeping us at the top level and showing us top class players in the process and memories that will never be topped for aslong as we live.
    Why does he get so much hate? Why do people come out with shit like him being a dictator or brand him as a "cunt"

So I ask, why is it ok for "supporters" to abuse and slam the likes of RVP & Nasri for not showing loyalty, but is it now OK for them to all turn there backs on Wenger and want him out as soon as things aren't as rosy as they used to be in the glory days. Eh?

When supporters of the exact club slam the likes of RVP and Nasri for showing a lack of loyalty. Where is the loyalty from the fans in Wenger? Like RVP, he also had 7 years of no trophies until he decided he want to leave, which is the exact same amount of time as the people who want him sacked right now.

Double standards or what?

Also, FYI (to all the ZOMGZ ITS BEEN 8 YEARS brigadiers) we aren't in a crisis, Yes we aren't as good as we used to be. But we are far from a fucking crisis, we live in a world were we are financially being out muscled and we are doing our best to keep up with them in the right way. If you don't like that or don't like Wenger putting the club first, you can fuck right off and go support City or United.

The least you can do is get behind him and show him the respect he deserves till his contract expires which he will rightfully then walk away, until then show some respect and class and don't be such a cunt and shamefully embarrass the likes of us being associated with you, the fans with a bit more class who actually believe managing a football club at the top level extends more than Football Manager.

7 likes.

OA Cash
    Why do people wish our own players have their legs broken?
    Avatar bet - "I bet you Bayern Munich will retain the UEFA Champions League this season. If they do retain it, I win, if any other team wins it, then you win." - Electrifying

Oh it's onnn!

9 likes.

BANNED

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Why do people wish our own players have their legs broken?
    Show me where i've wished a broken leg upon one of our players. Oh and saying someone deserves a leg break with no signs of performance improvements despite being given a pay rise is fully justifiable and in no way states that I wish it would happen.

If Wenger got a new contract with a payrise there would be a huge uprise and demonstrations against Wenger and the board amongst people who call themselves supporters, fact.

Victoria Concordia Crescit TheDoctor's Avatar

OA Cash
    Gave us the Emirates? It was very nice of Mr. Wenger to build and pay for it. What a very nice man.

4 likes.

BANNED

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Gave us the Emirates? It was very nice of Mr. Wenger to build and pay for it. What a very nice man.
    This narrow minded point of view is exactly what enrages me amongst modern day football fans and society in general today.

Well heeled Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Chopper Challenge Champion Super Balloon Archer Champion Gravshooter Champion NEDO Champion The Attack of the Clones Champion Save The Piggy Champion Bombs in the Grid Champion Robin_L's Avatar

OA Cash
    Must we go through all this again.

With you on the needless personal abuse and vitriol directed at Wenger.

Not with you at all on the AKB-territory defence of Wenger, first of all you say "as soon as things aren't as rosy" which is bollocks as we've been on a steady decline for years and most moderates have only turned against Wenger in the last 1-2 seasons.

And secondly loyalty is nothing in football. You're right to point out the paradox you do. It doesn't affect me, because I've never blamed van Persie for leaving with regards to loyalty. I never play that card because it doesn't exist to be played. The match-going fan get no loyalty from the club in the way they are gradually being priced out. The player gets no loyalty from the fan if he fucks up even early on in his fledgling career with a club. The manager gets no loyalty from the player if he decides the grass is greener and he can exploit a handily-placed contract loophole.

DISPENSE WITH THE IDEA OF LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL. Now moreso than ever, with the corruptible influence of obscene money.

So, going back to your original point, I don't owe Wenger some sort of cuddly, fluffy amount of loyalty and support for the successes of the first half of his reign, although I've certainly backed him to the hilt for the first four-fifths (plus) of his reign as Arsenal manager.

The "fuck off and support City or United" line is laughable, 2nd time I've seen that on this forum in the last 24 hours, is this becoming an AKB first line defence or what?

So yeah, he gets a lot of OTT hate, abuse and unwarranted shit that comes from personal frustration and adults that have "issues" away from football, but among sensible critics of Wenger and his slipping halo, believe me there are no double standards. Everyone knows he's hanging around til 2016 anyway (most likely), short of a physical attack on him in Hampstead or something, doesn't mean we can't raise legitimate concerns about why we think the club can only halt its present on-field decline with him out the picture.
    "What is Dick Law doing? Who is Dick Law? Is Dick Law just a myth?"

Supporting the Twenty's Plenty campaign:
    http://fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fan...-away-tickets/

Let's bring some common sense back to football

5 likes.

Victoria Concordia Crescit TheDoctor's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsOnlyRayParlour View Post
    This narrow minded point of view is exactly what enrages me amongst modern day football fans and society in general today.
    Right, So in what way did Wenger 'give us the Emirates'? Enlighten me oh wise one.

BANNED

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Right, So in what way did Wenger 'give us the Emirates'? Enlighten me oh wise one.
    Maybe because we had no plans until Wenger came here to actually move to a new stadium? That if we went for a shit appointment like an English man who had the mentality of half this forum have, that spending £100m is financially a correct thing to do? We'd probably be where Leeds United are right now?

The financial stability Wenger gave us made the move to the Emirates Stadium possible, he sold Anelka for £23m and used half of that to move us into a new training ground, doesn't that tell you all you need to know?

You can sit there by your keyboard and attempt be a witty bastard like you usually are (see how you corrected my obvious error about Blackburn loaning Bentley today when I said us instead of them, which i thought was obvious enough to even have to correct) but i have no doubts we'd have not moved to a new stadium if Wenger didn't take charge of us. First of all, our success and brand of football gave us the boost in interest anyway for that to happen.

Kids like you don't appreciate shit like this, but hopefully one day you will.

OA Cash
    Show me where i've wished a broken leg upon one of our players. Oh and saying someone deserves a leg break with no signs of performance improvements despite being given a pay rise is fully justifiable and in no way states that I wish it would happen.

If Wenger got a new contract with a payrise there would be a huge uprise and demonstrations against Wenger and the board amongst people who call themselves supporters, fact.
    lol

P.O.T.Y 2011
    - Without Passion, You Have Nada -

BANNED

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Midfield Maestro View Post
    lol
    It's true though, and whats Ramsey even done for us? Has it got to the stage where people are comparing Ramsey with Wenger? Has this forum gone insane?

OA Cash

The least you can do is get behind him and show him the respect he deserves till his contract expires which he will rightfully then walk away, until then show some respect and class and don't be such a cunt and shamefully embarrass the likes of us being associated with you, the fans with a bit more class who actually believe managing a football club at the top level extends more than Football Manager.
    I'll try to answer this without going too negative. My biggest gripe with Wenger these days is the way he shamelessly trolls us (the fans) through the press. I can only speak for myself, but when I watch a completely lackluster performance like today and then hear Wenger talk about how we were unlucky, I want to punch a hole through my television.

He just seems disconnected from reality and wants to blame everything or everyone (i.e.: the referees, international fixtures, oil money, the world economy) except himself and the players for bad results. I used to think he didn't understand what was wrong with the club, but he's a really smart guy, so he must understand what the problem is, I just think he doesn't know how to fix it anymore. He's lost his creative spark, so he peddles a lot of bullshit in the press instead.

I'll never attack him personally and I do think he gets a lot of personal abuse that's unwarranted. But there's plenty of evidence at this point to suggest that he is one of the problems with the club, and we could benefit from a fresh start with a new (younger, hungrier) manager.

OA Cash
    I change my signature often

3 likes.

OA Cash
    He and the board are to blame for the sharp decline in the club's standards. Despite the same mistakes being made over and over again they never change their ways. They earned our faith and got it for years but I'd say they're at least three years past that point where anyone could keep faith in their crappy "projects". It's abundantly clear they don't actually have a serious footballing aim beyond 4th and the rest just looks financial.

The culture of the club from the boardroom passed along and down the hierarchy is a LOSING culture. They have failed to show any ambition, they have been incredibly arrogant, they embarrass themselves in the media and have allowed Arsenal to become a joke. That's why Wenger is hated, that's why the board is hated.

We will probably go another 5-10 years without a trophy while the same people are in charge. Someone like Usmanov can make us far more competitive, he will demand 110% like Man Utd do. Granted he might be a tit but his ambition and vision can improve the club's standing closer to the Arsenal of old. Those "2-3 more players" that we've been going on about for years, we would get them and we'd be in a better position to hang onto our best players instead of choosing the profit.
    Last edited by Hassan; 17-02-2013 at 04:34.

4 likes.

Squad Player Fire Truck Champion An2n's Avatar

OA Cash
    Yes, lets get our own Abramovich that would be wonderful.
    Lol, we are way better of now than when Wenger took over.
    I understand why people are upset that we haven't won anything the last 7/8 years, but look at the the long term perspective, we are in a very good position.
    You guys really have to take a step back and look at the whole picture, and stop knee jerking every after every fucking match we loose.
    Yes Wenger talks a lot of bullshit in the media, yes Wenger blames the referee, bla bla bla.. Why does he do this? To take pressure away from the team! Just like Mourinho tries to do.
    Yes getting a new owner/manager could win us a trophy or two, but could also fuck the club up. We NEEDED a new stadium to compete, we NEEDED a good youth set up to compete, why are you complaining about that?
    Getting a new stadium etc, costs money, money we can't spend on players. We can't have it all ffs, a new stadium and a good youth system if what makes us a stable club which means we can continue to be a top club.
    Wenger and the board did the absolutely right thing by "sacrificing" some trophies to make us a sustainable club, Wenger gave us the Invincibles and he used their success to build the stadium, a stadium which will be paid off in 2 years!
    Look at the placements in the league when Wenger has been here, in the last 17 years we have always finished in the top 4, it might not be a trophy, today it is soo important to get into the champions league, both from a sporting perspective but also a financial perspective.
    And yes Wenger did give us the Emirates, I can't really see how you can question that.

Btw, I'm not saying Wenger doesn't make mistakes, but he does/has done way more for Arsenal than most people on here realize.

And if you look back, it has also been bad luck holding us back, What if Eduardo hadn't broken his leg in 09? What if we hadn't lost Cesc and Van Persie? What if Kosc hadn't fucked up in the CC final?
    “I don’t master my reputation. What matters to me is Arsenal Football Club more than my reputation and I want people who love Arsenal to be happy." - Arsène Wenger

2 likes.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by An2n View Post
    Yes, lets get our own Abramovich that would be wonderful.
    Lol, we are way better of now than when Wenger took over.
    I understand why people are upset that we haven't won anything the last 7/8 years, but look at the the long term perspective, we are in a very good position.
    You guys really have to take a step back and look at the whole picture, and stop knee jerking every after every fucking match we loose.
    Yes Wenger talks a lot of bullshit in the media, yes Wenger blames the referee, bla bla bla.. Why does he do this? To take pressure away from the team! Just like Mourinho tries to do.
    Yes getting a new owner/manager could win us a trophy or two, but could also fuck the club up. We NEEDED a new stadium to compete, we NEEDED a good youth set up to compete, why are you complaining about that?
    Getting a new stadium etc, costs money, money we can't spend on players. We can't have it all ffs, a new stadium and a good youth system if what makes us a stable club which means we can continue to be a top club.
    Wenger and the board did the absolutely right thing by "sacrificing" some trophies to make us a sustainable club, Wenger gave us the Invincibles and he used their success to build the stadium, a stadium which will be paid off in 2 years!
    Look at the placements in the league when Wenger has been here, in the last 17 years we have always finished in the top 4, it might not be a trophy, today it is soo important to get into the champions league, both from a sporting perspective but also a financial perspective.
    And yes Wenger did give us the Emirates, I can't really see how you can question that.

Btw, I'm not saying Wenger doesn't make mistakes, but he does/has done way more for Arsenal than most people on here realize.

And if you look back, it has also been bad luck holding us back, What if Eduardo hadn't broken his leg in 09? What if we hadn't lost Cesc and Van Persie? What if Kosc hadn't fucked up in the CC final?
    Yawn, long term this, bigger picture that, it's been nearly a decade trophy-less and comparing the team now to the 2006/07 side we've hardly progressed at ALL. All the signs point to this bollocks continuing for another decade. FFP won't do shit either. If they're not looking to seriously compete they should stop mugging the supporters off, especially with ticket prices.

2 likes.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast