User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Vs Stoke City (Barclays PL)

OA Cash

Arsenal Vs Stoke City (Barclays PL)

Arsenal Vs Stoke City
    Barclays Premier League
    Emirates Stadium
    Saturday 02 February 2013
    15:00

So our first game of February. Stoke like us seem to be in poor defensive form ATM but we really should be beating this mob! So I will go Arsenal 2 Stoke 0.

2 likes.

OA Cash
    Can we start the game in the 46th minute?

4 likes.

BANNED

OA Cash
    Very nice OP! Good work. I think we'll win 2-0

OA Cash
    Sorry to be pessimistic, but we are not going to finish in the top four unless Spuds and Everton both fuck up big time, and we are not going to finish lower than seventh anyways. What a dreadful fact. The team should know this and play with the monkey off their backs. Especially the defence.
    Come have a party: Indian Gooners Forum

Victoria Concordia Crescit TheDoctor's Avatar

OA Cash
    KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-1 Arsenal.

Walcott
    Giroud
    Ramsey

Last edited by TheDoctor; 30-01-2013 at 21:32.

Well heeled Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Chopper Challenge Champion Super Balloon Archer Champion Gravshooter Champion NEDO Champion The Attack of the Clones Champion Save The Piggy Champion Bombs in the Grid Champion Robin_L's Avatar

OA Cash
    Rescuing a point tonight helped a fair bit, but really we're good for shipping at least one goal per game right now from defensive ineptitude. Add perhaps one goal from good opposition play or bad luck on our part and we're starting almost every game from a 0-1 or 0-2 deficit in the 46th minute.

We've kept 7 clean sheets out of 24 this season and only 4 since September. Stoke are one of the lower scorers in the league and yet there is an inevitable sense of them scoring at least 1.

Feels like we're slipping gradually out of the race for 4th because although we're starting to turn on the style offensively at times now, at the other end of the pitch we're bad enough to lose another 4 or 5 games this season.
    "What is Dick Law doing? Who is Dick Law? Is Dick Law just a myth?"

Supporting the Twenty's Plenty campaign:
    http://fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fan...-away-tickets/

Let's bring some common sense back to football

1 likes.

BANNED

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-1 Arsenal.

Walcott
    GODroud
    Ramsey
    Had to fix that

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by pawan View Post
    Sorry to be pessimistic, but we are not going to finish in the top four unless Spuds and Everton both fuck up big time, and we are not going to finish lower than seventh anyways. What a dreadful fact. The team should know this and play with the monkey off their backs. Especially the defence.
    Opinion not fact.
    Two Dot Montana 59085

Well heeled Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Chopper Challenge Champion Super Balloon Archer Champion Gravshooter Champion NEDO Champion The Attack of the Clones Champion Save The Piggy Champion Bombs in the Grid Champion Robin_L's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    Opinion not fact.
    So is your confidence on finishing 4th based on our ability or the inability of others?

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin_L View Post
    So is your confidence on finishing 4th based on our ability or the inability of others?

I just pointed his opinion is not fact....if it is correct it will become fact.

My confidence is based on not being a miserable negative bastard, and knowing we are a better side than both Spurs and Everton.

That said, losing Gibbs may be critical.
    Two Dot Montana 59085

OA Cash
    3-1
    Avatar bet - "I bet you Bayern Munich will retain the UEFA Champions League this season. If they do retain it, I win, if any other team wins it, then you win." - Electrifying

Oh it's onnn!

OA Cash
    2-1 Arsenal. Stoke to take the lead, Giroud and Poldi to win the game for us.
    Bosscielny is back
    Last edited by Gunning from Italy; 15-02-2013 at 09:41.

OA Cash

My confidence is based on not being a miserable negative bastard, and knowing we are a better side than both Spurs and Everton.

Well I put it to you that there's not much in it, if anything. Oh yes, I notice you mention Spurs and Everton, because of course it's only been Spurs in recent seasons.

So that's two teams we need to start dropping off then now? How's about Liverpool, or are they just miles worse than us too?

OA Cash

Sorry sir, but I dont see how our first team right now is better than either of them. And we have injury worries, Everton have none. We have been consistently inconsistent. Everton havent.

We are relying on other's mistakes right now. And not just one team's, but two at that. I am not very optimistic, even though I dont have much problem with Arsenal playing Europa League and I am not miserable about it, because I will continue to support them anyways. Based on this season's performances, Europa League is about what we deserve as well.
    Come have a party: Indian Gooners Forum

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin_L View Post
    Well I put it to you that there's not much in it, if anything. Oh yes, I notice you mention Spurs and Everton, because of course it's only been Spurs in recent seasons.

So that's two teams we need to start dropping off then now? How's about Liverpool, or are they just miles worse than us too?
    Those are the teams in front of us. Liverpool I don't worry about much.

If you want to be negative have at it, I don't really care...not the way I look at life nor football. What happens in the end will be what happens. I just don't sit around pulling my pubes out about what ifs. lol

Losing Gibbs hurts us more than any other injury could right now. Szczesny is becoming a problem, he was lucky not to give away a couple more goofy goals. The defense can look decent, then they fall over or get mixed up and it kills us. That needs fixing or it will be over in terms of CL.
    Two Dot Montana 59085

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast