User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight Breaks out between Gooners: "Wenger Out"

OA Cash
    What's it coming to when our own fans are turning on each other over opinions?!

I personally think it's extremely off putting to the players to have to look at Wenger out banners when trying to win a game. i've been critical of Wenger of late on these forums, but taking it to the ground is wrong for a club of our stature in my opinion....unless things get so bad and nothing is done. we may or may not agree with the way Wenger and the board do things but we still need to get behind the team and the manager...come the end of the season if things haven't improved then that's the time to be voicing Wenger out.

Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent.

-David Rocastle

1 likes.

OA Reserve

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by g4e View Post
    What's it coming to when our own fans are turning on each other over opinions?!

I personally think it's extremely off putting to the players to have to look at Wenger out banners when trying to win a game. i've been critical of Wenger of late on these forums, but taking it to the ground is wrong for a club of our stature in my opinion....unless things get so bad and nothing is done. we may or may not agree with the way Wenger and the board do things but we still need to get behind the team and the manager...come the end of the season if things haven't improved then that's the time to be voicing Wenger out.
    Im not sure we can say fans are turning against each other, anytime I've heard about this its only one or two guys out of a crowd of thousands. When someone linked to another forum that one of these guys posts on he seemed more interested in getting himself attention than anything to do with the club. The best thing to do with these people is ignore them.

Silver member Super Collider Champion flower match 2 Champion Extreme Blocks Champion Number Revolution Champion Chicken Went Nuts! Champion Bunny Hop Champion Zombie Zombie Champion shamrockgooner's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyMagic View Post
    Totally embarrassing and can you imagine the uproar if there was a banner saying "In Arsene We Trust" and then there was fighting over that?
    Wouldn't happen seen as us "Wenger out" sorts are too busy making jokes and not offering salient arguments to back up our points or refute the points of others to get upset by such a thing.

1 likes.

Gibbs Future arsenal Legend dmxdex's Avatar

OA Cash
    How stupid is that.

OA Cash
    To those who say it should be kept out of the games and unhappy fans should voice at the end of the season or after the game. My question is:- Isnt during the game to best time to get noticed and have your voice heard, AST Meetings are no good, not much publicity went on about the march the guys had a few weeks back, surely the best forum for frustrated fans is at the game when all eyes are on the match.

Otherwise it seems that any other time it gets easily swept under the carpet.

'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry

'It took a lot of bottle for Tony (Adams) to own up.' - Ian Wright

“He plays a lot on intimidation but he's come to the wrong address with me because I'm like him on that level.”- Patrick Vieira

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunburntgooner View Post
    To those who say it should be kept out of the games and unhappy fans should voice at the end of the season or after the game. My question is:- Isnt during the game to best time to get noticed and have your voice heard, AST Meetings are no good, not much publicity went on about the march the guys had a few weeks back, surely the best forum for frustrated fans is at the game when all eyes are on the match.

Otherwise it seems that any other time it gets easily swept under the carpet.
    Not when it affects the success of the team or distracts from the action on the pitch. These guys claimed they were not going to do that, yet they pull it out at 80 minutes when we are trying to win a match?

It is about publicity ....for a handful of people who think their attention getting trumps the club.

AST meetings? Perfect time because they represent the majority of dedicated supporters.
    Two Dot Montana 59085

2 likes.

OA Cash
    Pretty embarrassing, have a problem? Discuss it civilly, maybe get involved in 'where has our arsenal gone?': don't fight!!

Silver member tubix Champion Craigie's Avatar

OA Cash
    Where has all this opinion shit come from? Since when has football been about buying tickets to have right to convey opinions? It's not question time, it's not a democracy. Who gives a shit what this guy's opinion is or that it differs from a lot of the support?

2 likes.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigie View Post
    Where has all this opinion shit come from? Since when has football been about buying tickets to have right to convey opinions? It's not question time, it's not a democracy. Who gives a shit what this guy's opinion is or that it differs from a lot of the support?
    hope there is some irony in here

Ashford - I can no longer see the stadium from my front door
    OA Cash
    I hardly think Wenger should go because a fight broke out between gooners.

He didn't tell them to fight even if he had he would also not have just to keep them guessing.
    You can prove anything with facts!!

http://www.wangowango.co.uk

NextGen Star

OA Cash
    Hahahha i think the so called ''fan'' is a JOKE, Why? Because of this:

-Arsenal=Wenger.

Wenger is for me just an hero, It ISNT his fault that the OIL money is running the football world is it? It ISNT his fault that Fabregas Hleb RvP Cole Nasri Clichy Toure and much more wanted to leave is it? The only two things that i blame him for is 1) i actually read an story about the player salarie's what he build & that he wanted a 'democratic'' salary system what means that the players earn sort of an even salary there are no difference's between top top players & depth players & bad players & thats the reason that some of our top players leaved in the past, thats one big critic point. 2) the last fey years he buyd a lot of bad players like Park Santos Sguilacci & alot more & i know that he have much influence on the incoming players, I blame him on these to point but i can name 1897258923575 points what de DOES very very very wel so people who say wenger out naah i cant take them serious for me there is no Arsenal without Wenger on this moment, If a legend like him DECIDE to leave then its up to him, he need to leave when he want and nothing else.

Greetz from an dutch gooner.

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Gooner View Post
    Hahahha i think the so called ''fan'' is a JOKE, Why? Because of this:

-Arsenal=Wenger.

Wenger is for me just an hero, It ISNT his fault that the OIL money is running the football world is it? It ISNT his fault that Fabregas Hleb RvP Cole Nasri Clichy Toure and much more wanted to leave is it? The only two things that i blame him for is 1) i actually read an story about the player salarie's what he build & that he wanted a 'democratic'' salary system what means that the players earn sort of an even salary there are no difference's between top top players & depth players & bad players & thats the reason that some of our top players leaved in the past, thats one big critic point. 2) the last fey years he buyd a lot of bad players like Park Santos Sguilacci & alot more & i know that he have much influence on the incoming players, I blame him on these to point but i can name 1897258923575 points what de DOES very very very wel so people who say wenger out naah i cant take them serious for me there is no Arsenal without Wenger on this moment, If a legend like him DECIDE to leave then its up to him, he need to leave when he want and nothing else.

Greetz from an dutch gooner.
    But I find it hard to take you serious when your first line is Arsenal = Wenger.

Maybe for you, but to me Wenger is a great man who has led Arsenal to some great successes but he is nor will he ever be Arsenal, he will go eventually and when he does the team doesnt implode and we no longer have a club, we will either go up down or stay the same but we will still exist.

'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry

'It took a lot of bottle for Tony (Adams) to own up.' - Ian Wright

“He plays a lot on intimidation but he's come to the wrong address with me because I'm like him on that level.”- Patrick Vieira

Bejesus Said Paddy Nightmare Runner Champion Pak-Rat ˇBlack! Champion TA#6's Avatar

OA Cash
    Fighting among fans is nothing new, I remember seeing it at Wembley in 88 when we lost to Luton Town in the League Cup Final (Shock Horror, its not just wenger who fucks up finals.....)

De omnibus dubitandum

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by TA#6 View Post
    Fighting among fans is nothing new, I remember seeing it at Wembley in 88 when we lost to Luton Town in the League Cup Final (Shock Horror, its not just wenger who fucks up finals.....)
    Felt sick walking away from that final!
    One team in London

NextGen Star

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunburntgooner View Post
    But I find it hard to take you serious when your first line is Arsenal = Wenger.

Maybe for you, but to me Wenger is a great man who has led Arsenal to some great successes but he is nor will he ever be Arsenal, he will go eventually and when he does the team doesnt implode and we no longer have a club, we will either go up down or stay the same but we will still exist.
    Arsenal will surely will still excist if he leaves but thats not my point, My point is that Wenger did SO much for this club i cantt name another manager who did so much good for one club (only Fergie) so in one way Wenger for me is Arsenal, Just like WE (the fans) are arsenal & alot more ex-players/legends, So if you cant take me serious for my meaning so be it thats how I think about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast