User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight Breaks out between Gooners: "Wenger Out"

OA Cash

Fight Breaks out between Gooners: "Wenger Out"

Arsenal fans have a punch up with EACH OTHER over 'Wenger Out' banner unfurled in Brighton win

Olivier Giroud was Arsenal’s FA Cup hero on Saturday, but their victory was marred by ugly clashes between their own supporters.

The Frenchman scored twice before substitute Theo Walcott hit a late winner for Arsene Wenger’s side against resilient Brighton.
    But the win was overshadowed by a fight among Arsenal supporters after a fan unfurled a banner calling for Wenger to leave the club.

The banner sparked fury among Wenger supporters who ordered the supporter to put it away.

The brawl, which occurred around the 80-minute mark, saw a number of punches thrown.
    One supporter, understood to be the man who unravelled the banner, was ejected from the stadium.
    Frustrations among supporters were growing after Brighton twice pegged Arsenal back after Giroud put them ahead on two separate occasions.

The France striker has now scored 13 goals in an increasingly productive first season in English football.

‘When he gets in the fighting mode, he [Giroud] is difficult to handle,’ said Wenger.

‘He could have played 20 years ago in England, 10 years ago and today because he has everything you need to play centre-forward.

‘Usually we go more for mobile players, but he gives us something different, and I believe with him and Theo we have a good partnership.’

Meanwhile, Thomas Vermaelen will return to the Arsenal starting line-up for Wednesday’s clash against Liverpool after missing the clash against Gus Poyet’s side with an ankle injury.

Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs, Bacary Sagna Santi Cazorla and Walcott are all likely to return to the starting XI for the match against Brendan Rodgers’ side after being rested on Saturday.

Arsenal declined to comment on the fans’ incident.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ce=twitterfeed

Unfortunate to say the least

OA Cash
    Totally embarrassing and can you imagine the uproar if there was a banner saying "In Arsene We Trust" and then there was fighting over that?

As for the part if true that it was the supporter who unravelled the banner being ejected from the ground, why don't we keep all bullies in their schools and throw out the kids they bully eh?

1 likes.

OA Cash
    LOL

-------

OA Legend Salad Frenzy Champion Sol's Avatar

OA Cash
    Paying fans should be entitled to express their opinion so long as it's done in a non-inflammatory way. That banner is not offensive or inflammatory. It's about as respectful as it gets when it comes to wanting a manager out!

I personally think the banner is counter-productive but I also acknowledge the right of those paying fans to make their feelings known.

It's a sorry affair and something we didn't need. It's also a clear reminder of how divided the fans are at the moment. This isn't the last time this sort of thing is going to happen either.

The North Remembers. Winter is Coming.

3 likes.

The Board is to blame. Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Chopper Challenge Champion Super Balloon Archer Champion Gravshooter Champion NEDO Champion The Attack of the Clones Champion Save The Piggy Champion Bombs in the Grid Champion Robin_L's Avatar

OA Cash
    About the 3rd time this thread's been done now, the exact same comments will fly back and forward a while and the usual suspects will descend into a spot of insult hurling. Can't wait.
    "What is Dick Law doing? Who is Dick Law? Is Dick Law just a myth?"

Supporting the Twenty's Plenty campaign:
    http://fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fan...-away-tickets/

Let's bring some common sense back to football

Victoria Concordia Crescit TheDoctor's Avatar

OA Cash
    I fully admit to being done with Arsene Wenger's Arsenal era and am eagerly awaiting a new manager.
    However, I both agree and disagree with the banner, I do think it's time he went, But him being sacked/forced out is not the way I want things to go down.

I have great respect for Arsene Wenger, I am grateful for the good times he's given Arsenal Football Club, Opening England's eyes to the beautiful side of football and the great players he's given us in Henry, Vieira, Pires, Campbell etc.

I don't agree with the chavs beating up the banner owners/displayers though, I think it's disgusting and they should be banned from attending football matches.
    Field Marshall: Lukas Podolski und Mesut Özil Defense Force

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin_L View Post
    About the 3rd time this thread's been done now, the exact same comments will fly back and forward a while and the usual suspects will descend into a spot of insult hurling. Can't wait.
    My apologies. I didn't see it in the main Arsenal forum, the matchday forum, and even on a Search I didn't see one.

The Board is to blame. Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Chopper Challenge Champion Super Balloon Archer Champion Gravshooter Champion NEDO Champion The Attack of the Clones Champion Save The Piggy Champion Bombs in the Grid Champion Robin_L's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoTheGooner View Post
    My apologies. I didn't see it in the main Arsenal forum, the matchday forum, and even on a Search I didn't see one.
    Ah no that's cool - My apologies, I didn't mean specific threads about this topic, only that it's been covered when the same banner has come out at previous recent games (Reading away, Wigan away, maybe one other) and will likely provoke the same "debate". Only from what I heard there was a little more violence and edginess between supporters at this one, so it's all still there in the background, win, lose or draw.
    "What is Dick Law doing? Who is Dick Law? Is Dick Law just a myth?"

Supporting the Twenty's Plenty campaign:
    http://fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fan...-away-tickets/

Let's bring some common sense back to football

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    I fully admit to being done with Arsene Wenger's Arsenal era and am eagerly awaiting a new manager.
    However, I both agree and disagree with the banner, I do think it's time he went, But him being sacked/forced out is not the way I want things to go down.

I have great respect for Arsene Wenger, I am grateful for the good times he's given Arsenal Football Club, Opening England's eyes to the beautiful side of football and the great players he's given us in Henry, Vieira, Pires, Campbell etc.

I don't agree with the chavs beating up the banner owners/displayers though, I think it's disgusting and they should be banned from attending football matches.
    I don't think it is clear who punched who is it? I'm jut asking because I have not heard the details on this incident, but until that is known it may be premature to assume who escalated verbals into punches right?
    Two Dot Montana 59085

OA Cash
    I'm chalking this one up to people being a little sauced after the match. Probably not a great idea to unroll a banner like that after a win, but whatever, it's their prerogative. It's embarrassing for us as supporters that we can't keep our shit together.

Bejesus Said Paddy Nightmare Runner Champion Pak-Rat ˇBlack! Champion TA#6's Avatar

OA Cash
    If it was put up at the end, fine.

If it was put up while the game was on going still, at 2-2 when its in the balance, then its a stupid thing to do. get behind your tem when needed, protest afterwards.

De omnibus dubitandum

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Surprised someone gets evicted for getting a banner out yet someone who punches someone else doesnt!
    One team in London

Time will prove me right FreddieKlien's Avatar

OA Cash
    I don't think there is any place for anything negative at a game you are either there to support or disrupt
    Arsene is Arsenal

To be anti Wenger is to be anti Arsenal

1 likes.

OA Legend E-Z Gems Champion Dig Deeper Champion Racing: Emergency Champion BlockBuster Champion Mr Arsenal's Avatar

OA Cash
    Attention seeking clowns.

The looniest, zaniest, spontaneous, sporadic, Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, Half
    animal, half man

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Debating amongst the fanbase is one thing, but this is another altogether. Completely unacceptable to see this sort of thing.

1) People need to accept that not everyone shares their opinion on Wenger or other matters relating to the club. Differing opinions is not a bad thing, and unless hateful language or actions are being utilised in expressing those opinions then everyone should be entitled to their opinion. These things should never come to blows.

2) In the middle of a game, if that's when this happened, is never an acceptable time to start venting at players or the manager. You support your team whilst they need you, and address any other feelings you may have later. Poor show.

2 likes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast