User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Demba Ba

OA Cash
    Do people like him that much? If it's between Huntelaar, Llorente, and Ba for £7m (all are rumoured to be right around that figure, Huntelaar maybe £1m less) I'll take the former two, please!
    Private: Lukas Podolski und Mesut
    Özil Defence Force

Es gibt einen F
    ußballGott!!

True Detective is a undoubtedly the finest thing I've ever watched on television. A true masterpiece
    jajajajajajaja

World-class Summer Sports Match 5 Champion Bl1nk's Avatar

OA Cash
    Are we really sure he has a buyout clause?

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl1nk View Post
    Pardew referred to it directly last night. I'm pretty sure it's true, he's also nearly admitted it on other occasions if I recall.
    Özil Defence Force

Es gibt einen F
    ußballGott!!

True Detective is a undoubtedly the finest thing I've ever watched on television. A true masterpiece
    jajajajajajaja

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl1nk View Post
    On Ba's future, Pardew said: "He has never looked me in the eye and said he wants to do anything else but stay here. The situation has not changed.
    "Demba is a player who loves it here and understands it is a football city. We are trying to do a deal with him and take the clause out. We have not managed to do that yet.
    "The clause is always there hanging over us. It makes it difficult for us and Demba and the club. We accept that, it is how football is.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...report-1292724

-------

OA Cash
    Proven PL quality, but i would MUCH rather the Hunter.

PSN - Mr_Big_Spuds

Season long Avatar bet with Dilla, that by the start of 2016/17 season, Ramsey will have surpassed Fabregas, in both quality and reputation.

OA Legend E-Z Gems Champion Dig Deeper Champion Racing: Emergency Champion BlockBuster Champion Mr Arsenal's Avatar

OA Cash
    It comes down to what type of player you'd rather have at Arsenal. Llorente who would be similar but a better version of Giroud. Huntelaar who is a pure goal scorer or Ba who is the mix of the former two and is proven in the Premier League. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

The looniest, zaniest, spontaneous, sporadic, Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, Half
    animal, half man

1 likes.

NextGen Star

OA Cash
    out of the 11 players out on that pitch tonight, not one would get in swanseas team let alone man utd

NextGen Star

OA Cash
    can we get john radford & ray kennedy back?

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal288 View Post
    out of the 11 players out on that pitch tonight, not one would get in swanseas team let alone man utd
    This is simply incorrect. Swansea's first team would do well to lose 2-1 at Olympiacos, and there are plenty of players in that 11 that would get in Swansea's side.

Yes, Swansea beat us 2-0, I get it. That doesn't make all our players shit and their's brilliant all of a sudden. And that's no disrespect to Swansea--I think they've a very good side, on the level of Everton, Newcastle, and Liverpool, just a notch below us and Tottenham. But let's chill out with the reactionary-ism.
    Özil Defence Force

Es gibt einen F
    ußballGott!!

jajajajajajaja

1 likes.

OA Legend E-Z Gems Champion Dig Deeper Champion Racing: Emergency Champion BlockBuster Champion Mr Arsenal's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneCuellar View Post
    This is simply incorrect. Swansea's first team would do well to lose 2-1 at Olympiacos, and there are plenty of players in that 11 that would get in Swansea's side.

Yes, Swansea beat us 2-0, I get it. That doesn't make all our players shit and their's brilliant all of a sudden. And that's no disrespect to Swansea--I think they've a very good side, on the level of Everton, Newcastle, and Liverpool, just a notch below us and Tottenham. But let's chill out with the reactionary-ism.
    Player for player, we arguably have the 4th best squad in England. In terms of performing as an actual team, we're below the Swan's and majority of the teams you mention. That maybe down too the fact we're a fairly new team. We sold the best player in the league and a fairly important midfielder in Song. The midfield we have...never played together and the attack is the same. Maybe the improvement in our defence might be down to the fact they've played more than a season together. I'm thinking as I write this by the way, but maybe, we simply need time to find our identity as a team. More new signings may only serve to de-stablise the team...hmmmmmm

The looniest, zaniest, spontaneous, sporadic, Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, Half
    animal, half man

Squad Player

OA Cash
    i agree with all of the above, except i think a couple of well thought out transfers could really galvanize this group.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Arsenal View Post
    Player for player, we arguably have the 4th best squad in England. In terms of performing as an actual team, we're below the Swan's and majority of the teams you mention. That maybe down too the fact we're a fairly new team. We sold the best player in the league and a fairly important midfielder in Song. The midfield we have...never played together and the attack is the same. Maybe the improvement in our defence might be down to the fact they've played more than a season together. I'm thinking as I write this by the way, but maybe, we simply need time to find our identity as a team. More new signings may only serve to de-stablise the team...hmmmmmm
    You think Swansea would've--if they switched places with us--qualified for the CL in our group and having our fixtures (which have been harder than theirs, just take a look) would have 21 pts? People discount that having extra matches puts extra stress on a team, and thus requires more quality/depth in the team.

It's easy to say that Swansea are better than us at the moment because they beat us 2-0, but let's be honest, that match could've just as easily 1-0 to Arsenal as it could've 2-0 to Swansea. Yes, I don't dispute that Swansea were the better side on the day but not by much, and you always felt we were the side with a bit more quality although as you point out less identity and cohesion. Let's put it this way: if you play that same match over 10 times in the same conditions with both sides coming off equal rest, do you really think Swansea wins more than we do?

I agree with your general point--there isn't much between the sides and we should fulfill more of our potential and become better than them as the season goes on, but I think it's rather disrespectful to the quality of players like Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott, Podolski, Gibbs, Vermaelen--all of which Swansea would die to have in their side, in truth. In fact, if you told Michael Laudrup he could choose to play with the Arsenal side or his side just for the day on Saturday before the match, I think you could be about 90% certain he'd choose our lot.
    Özil Defence Force

Es gibt einen F
    ußballGott!!

jajajajajajaja

1 likes.

OA Cash
    You think Swansea would've--if they switched places with us--qualified for the CL in our group and having our fixtures (which have been harder than theirs, just take a look) would have 21 pts? People discount that having extra matches puts extra stress on a team, and thus requires more quality/depth in the team.
    Indeed.

It's easy to say that Swansea are better than us at the moment because they beat us 2-0, but let's be honest, that match could've just as easily 1-0 to Arsenal as it could've 2-0 to Swansea. Yes, I don't dispute that Swansea were the better side on the day but not by much, and you always felt we were the side with a bit more quality although as you point out less identity and cohesion. Let's put it this way: if you play that same match over 10 times in the same conditions with both sides coming off equal rest, do you really think Swansea wins more than we do?
    It's not just about this result. We've been out passed by several teams and generally have looked second best in the games we've played recently. Swansea were well in control in defence and attack and it's only thanks to Wojciech, that the scoreline was only 2-nil. Discount the goals they scored and they still had the clearer chances. Play that game 10 more times in the same condition and we'd be lucky to escape without being humiliated at least once.

I agree with your general point--there isn't much between the sides and we should fulfill more of our potential and become better than them as the season goes on, but I think it's rather disrespectful to the quality of players like Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott, Podolski, Gibbs, Vermaelen--all of which Swansea would die to have in their side, in truth. In fact, if you told Michael Laudrup he could choose to play with the Arsenal side or his side just for the day on Saturday before the match, I think you could be about 90% certain he'd choose our lot.
    No doubt.

animal, half man

Squad Player

OA Cash
    He has a buyout clause on Football Manager of £7m so it must be true! Seriously though, Pardew has referred to it on a few occasions.

Demba Ba isn't my frist choice, though he has done it in the Premier League, 7 goals in 12 games in a very poor West Ham side and 26 goals in 49 games for Newcastle United, can't complain with that.

I think I'd prefer Llorente to Ba but I wouldn't be disappointed whatsoever if we were to sign him. Imagine actually having some competition for Giroud, instead of Chamakh.

1 likes.

Silver member tubix Champion Craigie's Avatar

OA Cash
    I remember Redknapp or some other manager last year saying he saw his contract and he had a cheap release clause, and then a question came out like "£10m?" and he was like "even less than that ".

That may be where it's come from, seems fair enough for a player you got for free that they should get the chance to move on having proved to be worth £7m to somebody else. If he wants to go it'll be to a better team which means he's done his current team a good service (which he has, was key last season to getting them high in the table even if Cisse kept them there after Jan, and without him this season who knows where they'd be..?)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast