User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remi Garde: ARSENE WENGER needs David Dein back at Arsenal

Victoria Concordia Crescit TheDoctor's Avatar

OA Cash

Remi Garde: ARSENE WENGER needs David Dein back at Arsenal

ARSENE WENGER needs David Dein back at his side to help solve Arsenal’s mounting problems, says former Gunner Remi Garde.

And the Daily Express understands former vice-chairman Dein, who talks regularly with close friend Wenger, would be open to a return if it was ever offered.
    Wenger is suffering the worst spell of his 15-year reign as Gunners boss and a disastrous summer forced him into last-minute panic buys after losing Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.
    Garde, recommended to Arsenal by Wenger shortly before he took over as manager in 1996, believes Dein would steady the ship. He left in 2007 due to “irreconcilable differences” between him and the board.
    Chief executive Ivan Gazidis has helped fill his role and Garde, manager of Lyon and seen as a possible successor to Wenger, said: “I was surprised by Arsenal’s late signings. David Dein managed these dossiers with Arsene until his departure. He kept an eye on the choice of players, the strategy of the club. He is sorely missed.

Arsene Wenger needs David Dein back at his side to help solve Arsenal’s mounting problems

Remi Garde

“Arsene has always put talent first. To his mind, a defender, for example, must be a good footballer. He wants to impose himself on his opponents through possession of the ball.
    “The plan works with Barcelona, Spain and Germany. But how do you get there if you can no longer keep your best players and get others to come?”
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...mmends-reunion

Silver member Super Collider Champion flower match 2 Champion Extreme Blocks Champion Number Revolution Champion Chicken Went Nuts! Champion Bunny Hop Champion Zombie Zombie Champion shamrockgooner's Avatar

OA Cash
    Dein is going to be our new defensive coach?

OA Cash
    I'm slowly coming round to the idea of David Dein being somebody I'd like to see back at Arsenal.

Damien Comolli is somebody who often goes unmentioned but is somebody who I think we miss quite a lot too. Has a real eye for talent and Wenger takes credit for quite a few of Comolli's gems.
    The Italian national football team has won the FIFA World Cup 4 times (1934, 1938, 1982, and 2006), trailing only Brazil (with 5). Italy's club sides have won 27 major European trophies, making them the most successful Europian nation in the subject of football.

World-class Summer Sports Match 5 Champion Bl1nk's Avatar

OA Cash
    Do it!! Whatever it takes to get us back to the top!

OA Cash
    Now.
    "You ask 100 people, 99 will say it's very bad and the 100th will be Mark Hughes."
    Arsene Wenger after Hughes defended Emmanuel Adebayor's stamp on Robin van Persie.

"The penalty decision was Old Traffordish."
    Words couldn't describe how Wenger felt about a Man Utd spot-kick - so he made one up.

"It's just the two of us. We'll probably ride out in the sunset together."
    Sir Alex Ferguson on his relationship with Wenger.

Victoria Concordia Crescit TheDoctor's Avatar

OA Cash
    Does Gazidis have Dein's old job?

OA Cash
    All this talk about bringing back Dien, bringing back Keown as a defensive coach etc makes us sound so desperate. Sadly, we are not far away from being desperate. If someone would have told me 6 years ago that this would happen, I would have laughed it off. I sometimes can't believe how horribly wrong things have gone.

Silver member Super Collider Champion flower match 2 Champion Extreme Blocks Champion Number Revolution Champion Chicken Went Nuts! Champion Bunny Hop Champion Zombie Zombie Champion shamrockgooner's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Does Gazidis have Dein's old job?
    Yes, CEO essentially.

OA Cash
    Id be happy to try almost anything that might even remotely repair things at the club, its getting that fucking desperate

2 likes.

OA Cash
    Dont know how i would feel if Dein was to come back

Things are getting to a stage now though where something needs to change and if Dein is gonna help Wenger out as he used to then maybe its a good thing
    One team in London

OA Cash
    Wenger doesn't have a 'go to guy' anymore like he had with Dein. Now instead he has a bunch of chumps who refuse to bring in the players that Wenger specifically wants, so instead bring in the absolute minimum IMO.

P.O.T.Y 2011
    - Without Passion, You Have Nada -

OA Cash
    He clashed with the board. He sold his shares. He's been replaced by good ol' Ivan. It's never gonna happen. Unless of course our club falls into the fat greasy hands of a certain shareholder.
    For all you Film fans. Hit that like button
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Junsui...509759?sk=wall

OA Reserve

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny310c View Post
    All this talk about bringing back Dien, bringing back Keown as a defensive coach etc makes us sound so desperate. Sadly, we are not far away from being desperate. If someone would have told me 6 years ago that this would happen, I would have laughed it off. I sometimes can't believe how horribly wrong things have gone.
    I think people are just looking for answers and people see that with those two there things seemed to work better in two areas we have had trouble with, Transfers and defence.

Personally I don't know it does seem that Wenger went from looking after the football side to looking after well, everything. That can't be good for the time he needs to be spending on the football side.

BANNED

Home is where the heart is regardless of location
    OA Cash
    I mentioned this months back and got abused for even bringing up David Dein's name.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsOnlyRayParlour View Post
    I mentioned this months back and got abused for even bringing up David Dein's name.
    Guess people just don't like you.
    "You ask 100 people, 99 will say it's very bad and the 100th will be Mark Hughes."
    Arsene Wenger after Hughes defended Emmanuel Adebayor's stamp on Robin van Persie.

"The penalty decision was Old Traffordish."
    Words couldn't describe how Wenger felt about a Man Utd spot-kick - so he made one up.

"It's just the two of us. We'll probably ride out in the sunset together."
    Sir Alex Ferguson on his relationship with Wenger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast