User Tag List

Page 181 of 638 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 9558

Thread: Arsène Wenger

OA Cash
    If Wenger goes - I can t see us getting a good manager if his replacement is going to cost any money, we still have problems at board level which is killing the club

Silver member tubix Champion Craigie's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDGooner View Post
    At any other big club he would have been fired already. I am not saying he has to leave, but how long do we give him before we decide to split ways? If the current situation doesn't improve that is.
    At any club you have aims and resources. He's given the resources to finish sixth with the aim of finishing 4th and he has not failed in any single year of management at Arsenal. He's come close a couple of times but never failed.

Just because you want Arsenal to win the league doesn't mean it's the aim of the people paying Wenger's wages. At any other big club that would be the aim and they'd provide the resources to give him a chance of that then it's up to him if he succeeds or fails.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmie View Post
    If Wenger goes - I can t see us getting a good manager if his replacement is going to cost any money, we still have problems at board level which is killing the club
    I do agree.Fuck me,let's replace him with someone like Klopp,Pellegrini or Pep,not with some overrated and overhyped manager.
    Bosscielny is back

OA Cash
    Getting rid of Wenger won't solve anything. The problem is much deeper rooted than Wenger IMO.

However saying that - IF Wenger was given a warchest to play with, and he blatently refused to use it in protection of the shit players he has now; then he definitely has to take the blame for that. Although I'd be surprised if this were the case.

P.O.T.Y 2011
    - Without Passion, You Have Nada -

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Our current problems are not because of us not spending enough or as much on players as some of us here would like. If you look at the players we have, we really shouldn't be 10th in the league right now, losing to teams like Swansea and Nowrich or even Schalke for that matter. Our current problems on the pitch are due to the poor attitude and work rate of the team. The lack of motivation, hunger and desire is there for all to see. The players just don't look like they care if we win or lose or draw. The recent run of bad results don't seem to have hurt them. The pathetic display in the first half against Swansea, at home, was characteristic of Arsenal's recent performances. We just don't seem to start playing until we go a goal down and even then, only towards the last few minutes of the game do we really start trying and putting the opposition under relentless pressure. If we play, like we have in the last few minutes of the last few games, we would not be in the situation we find ourselves in today.

I just feel that Arsene, as a manager, is at fault for not being able to get his players motivated enough to want to go out on the pitch and fight like their lives depended on it. You can accept one or two really poor performances in a season, which could be attributed to fatigue or other factors but you cannot accept it every second game. There is a bigger problem at the heart of all this and Arsene has not been able to rectify that. I asked a question on MDC during the Swansea game and I will ask the same question again, do you think a Mourinho or a Ferguson would be in this position with these set of players? I think not. So, for me, the problem lies with the manager and of course, the players. Now, I don't think the solution is to change the manager but a change and a big one at that, is definitely required. Arsene has to do some introspection and see if some of his methods or tactics are at fault. He is an intelligent man and no matter what he says to the media, we know that he knows that all is not well. You would expect a man of his obvious intelligence to figure out the root cause of the problem and find a solution for it but with each passing game, it looks like he is no where near a solution. I don't want to see him quit but if things don't improve soon, Arsene's time at Arsenal will could be at an end. A small but growing number of the fans have made their opinion known to him and soon, that voice might be too big to ignore and at that stage, he might just decide to quit. I don't want to see him leave in ignominy and so I really hope he turns this around. This, without doubt, is his biggest challenge as the manager of this club and to quote the man himself, this will test his character and mental strength.

1 likes.

OA Cash
    If Wenger leaves who would people replace him with and what is the guarantee that they will outperform him? He has spent around 100 million pounds on transfers in the last two seasons. What else do you want him to do? A team spending that amount of money should not be struggling like this so the problem is certainly not the money spending. There is something inherently wrong with the squad and all that Wenger asks of us is to trust his performances over the years and give him time to sort it all out. Its not a big ask and we definitely shouldnt be hounding him like this.
    Come have a party: Indian Gooners Forum

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunning from Italy View Post
    I do agree.Fuck me,let's replace him with someone like Klopp,Pellegrini or Pep,not with some overrated and overhyped manager.
    pep would be a dream, pellegrini is a very good manager, very good job in villarreal and now at malaga, but Arsene is better

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poldino View Post
    pep would be a dream, pellegrini is a very good manager, very good job in villarreal and now at malaga, but Arsene is better
    how can you say that Arsene is better than Pep...? maybe about others trainer ok, but not for sure about Pep...I hope really that Pep could sit on the Arsenal's bench next year...we have to say thanks to AW for these years, but it's also true that 7 years without a trophy are too many...for a team like Arsenal, we are not speaking about Stoke, Spurs, etc etc...we are the 3rd team in Premierleague history...
    I understand the policy to form new player, young player, but after you have to keep also them if not everytime you restart all over again, and you will never win...it's like a writer that after 200 pages, when he has to write the last chapter, says ...no ok, I restart...he will never finish his novel...and overall, i'm sorry but wenger has also made some mistake in the last sessions market, like Gervinho, Giroud (i follow also the french league) he has played two years for montpellier and before he has played just in Ligue2 with small team, few goals in general...and you pay to Montpellier 12mln? crazy...or Sczeczny, it's time to have a good goal keeper, or a better goalkeeper trainer...in this team I see just 5-6 players for a big team as Arsenal, some good youngster, as AOC or Eisfeld...but the rest of the squad could be good if you wanna save your ass in PL...not to win...maybe it's time for AW to leave his place to someone else...Pep, Klopp, Low, Martinez...
    but to the boss of Arsenal this situation is perfect because AW form good players and so Arsenal can sell them and make money...

Silver member tubix Champion Craigie's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by pawan View Post
    If Wenger leaves who would people replace him with and what is the guarantee that they will outperform him? He has spent around 100 million pounds on transfers in the last two seasons. What else do you want him to do? A team spending that amount of money should not be struggling like this so the problem is certainly not the money spending.
    But it may be exactly the problem. In those last 2 seasons we've lost arguably 2 of our 3 most offensive threats every year.

Nasri + Cesc + RvP were our most important attackers then Nasri and Cesc left. Gervinho and Arteta came in and they may be worse but they're also different so we change feel of the team a bit.

RvP and Song who were our most important attacking pairing emerge and then with them all of a sudden without the assists coming from the Cesc position we were playing more long balls from deep and luckily RvP can control any ball you ping at him and do something with it but it was again a change of feel about the team with Song having to go a bit AWOL defensively sometimes to make up for our lost attack.

So they leave and now yet again, new season and in come Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla, completely different players and a different way of playing.

It looks like three completely different teams in three years. What Wenger did from sort of '98 to '05 was actually quite similar in terms of the team and style he had, he tried a few wildcards like Reyes on occasion but the core was pretty stable of the same kinds of players, even with players like Cole, Campbell coming in and guys like Adams, Parlour going out.

Then he had a big shift towards little technical guys, the Cesc, Nasri, Hleb, Rosicky generation and we stuck with that for years and did the same thing of swapping people in and out and making tweaks to it and while we didn't win anything at times it seemed good.

Now I have no idea what's going on but the massive ingoings and outgoings of key players is leaving Wenger with little options. Once Cesc goes he's near irreplaceable, you can't get a player worse than him and expect him to do the exact same job just as well because that makes you worse, so you have to change it a little bit. We've been forced into so many of these changes though that I don't think Wenger knows anymore what the best system is or what we're going for. Whatever you think of Giroud, he's not a player Wenger would have signed from '97 to '12 and I get the feeling he's desperately looking for some kind of new answer in the areas he hasn't explored properly before. If he sticks with it it may work but it feels like unfamiliar territory for him.

3 likes.

OA Cash
    I'm totally agree...if you keep this speed of changing the top player into the team, the results are these...so for this it's better to change manager and look at new solutions...and overall he has to stop to buy players just to buy...Gervinho, Giroud, Jenkins, Diaby, Djouru, Chamakh, Bendtner, Park, Sczeczny, Fabianski, Arshavin, Santons...i have to keep the list?!?!United or Barcelona or Bayern are big and great team, because they keep their own top player, and every year they buy 1-2 good player to complete the squad, so there is the matrix that every year get an upgrade...

OA Cash
    True, maybe it's not the aim of the boss of Arsenal to win the league, but so i wonder why he has bought Arsenal instead of West Ham United or a smaller team...it's like that i wanna buy Barcelona and stay always between 3-4th places...so i dont give money to win...very stupid, also because if you win you gain also more money...for sure to the intelligentia of Arsenal AW is perfect, spend few and sell for a lot...but i repeat we are ARSENAL not a small club of championship...i hope that they sell Arsenal to a new property...

after i think also that Arsenal should have more britains players (and i say this as a stranger)...
    to create a group of 8-9 (also more) player from UK...as United, Everton, Spurs...i think it's very important for any team to have a strong component from his nation, as Bayern and BVB, Barcelona, Ajax...plus stranger players that bring inside different way to play football

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poldino View Post
    Better than all of them?I'm a big Wenger fan,but some of his recent moves have left me speechless.For example,why do you play crosses in the box when you don't have Giroud on the field and you do the contrary when he is on(look at Swansea's game)?Another thing is what has happened between him and Bould?Why did our defence was good at the start of the season and now is shit again?
    Bosscielny is back

OA Cash
    http://www.repubblica.it/sport/calci...tori-48043820/

It says Mourinho might be considered to replace Wenger at the end of the season.
    Bosscielny is back

OA Cash
    don't belive on everything media say...Mourinho next year should be at United, City, Chelsea, Inter, Psg....like Pep...

Klopp or Pep or just keep Wenger.

Getting rid of the manager, btw, will not solve all our problems because they will still have the same constraints put on them by the board.

What Wenger has done with the budget he has is nothing short of astounding. What annoys me is that he could have done better if he had spent the additional money that was "allegedly" available. If you just look at the figures from a business point of view they are just unbelievable and no wonder we pay him so much the guy is an absolute genius.

Your typical Manager will deal with x amount of things at a football club whereas Wenger is like the entire FC in himself. Just wish there was a David Dein type of ambitious character who worked with him to push him a little in being a bit more brave at times.

What really annoys me is that I believe we have one of the greatest Managers who just seems to have lost focus and its just a matter of someone channeling his focus in the right direction and we will be back to where we should be.

2 likes.