User Tag List

Page 147 of 275 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 4111

Thread: Abou Diaby (24)

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Maivia View Post
    Diaby isn't ANYWHERE near RVP's quality he shown when he was having injury troubles.

You act like he going to become some sort of Yaya Vieira Hybrid that will dominate the midfield for ages to come when he gets back.

Well I can tell you now:

That.
    Will.
    Not.
    Happen.

Lol @ Psychiatrist, someone has selective memory, completely ignores anything crap Diaby does, but yet won't give any single praise for what Ramsey might be good at and focuses like a hawk on all the shit things he does.

You are hilarious.
    I think you are stating this with a bit too much confidence. I can understand if you have this opinion but for me Abou Diaby is not too far from the class of RvP when he is healthy, although of course comparing a centre forward and a box-to-box midfielder is apples and oranges.

But I think you are underrating Abou Diaby, he is a hugely talented and classy player when healthy, and I think those in and about the game recognise that (Vieira's recent comments, for example, as well as Deschamps', even Serge Gnabry who said he was the player who impressed him the most when he first began training in the first team--even more than Santi Cazorla.)

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneCuellar View Post
    I think you are stating this with a bit too much confidence. I can understand if you have this opinion but for me Abou Diaby is not too far from the class of RvP when he is healthy, although of course comparing a centre forward and a box-to-box midfielder is apples and oranges.

But I think you are underrating Abou Diaby, he is a hugely talented and classy player when healthy, and I think those in and about the game recognise that (Vieira's recent comments, for example, as well as Deschamps', even Serge Gnabry who said he was the player who impressed him the most when he first began training in the first team--even more than Santi Cazorla.)
    SPTO ON MATE!
    I change my signature often

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneCuellar View Post

Ability is all he has, but I restate he is nothing more choker, one of the first players always to vanish as soon as we start to lose.

You say I underrate Diaby but I at the same time say people like IORP are overrating him to a hilt, most of this has to do with mediocre players play consistently atm like Ramsey, doesn't make Diaby some sort of demigod.

Or you guys are just underrating RVP.

Or you guys have selective memory and forgotten all the mediocre performances he gives bar a few cases, but tell me which player isn't like that to have a wonder performance once in a while.

Personally it's subjective if you want to take another professionals comments on a player for granted, I've seen enough of him to formulate my own opinion.
    RobinVanTheMagic Loses it with Koscielny
    [13-01, 19:00] Gunning from Italy: Rocky, i still can't believe that french baguette lost us the game.Fuck off!Two times in row.
    [13-01, 19:14] Gunning from Italy: I can defende better than that french croissant.
    Chelsea Match, RobinVanTheMagic back in form

[20-01, 12:54] Gunning from Italy: Oh fuck, Koscielny is back.

OA Cash
    Ability is all he has, but I restate he is nothing more choker, one of the first players always to vanish as soon as we start to lose.

You say I underrate Diaby but I at the same time say people like IORP are overrating him to a hilt, most of this has to do with mediocre players play consistently atm like Ramsey, doesn't make Diaby some sort of demigod.

Or you guys are just underrating RVP.

Or you guys have selective memory and forgotten all the mediocre performances he gives bar a few cases, but tell me which player isn't like that to have a wonder performance once in a while.

Personally it's subjective if you want to take another professionals comments on a player for granted, I've seen enough of him to formulate my own opinion.
    I always felt Diaby's representation as a "choker" really proceeded from two moments: his horrifying own goal vs. United (which I suggest was not a moment of "choking" so much as it was flukiness) and his ill-fated red card vs. Newcastle (after a long spell out with which he was greeted by the dirty tackles of Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan before his frustration boiled over) which led to a result which we shall not discuss in these parts.

In other words, I think his representation as a "choker" is highly overstated. I also think people underestimate the effect of the miserable injuries he's had time after time have on the mind, and for me it's not only understandable but almost commendable if he pulls out of a tackle or looks a bit wary to do certain things on a football pitch until the point he really gets confidence back and really can be sure he'll stay healthy after a long run of games.

But like you say, it's subjective and you've seen enough of him to formulate your opinion, which is why I don't challenge it but just offer mine. That's what we do here, I supposed.

And promise me, I don't underrate RvP, just read through my comments in the RvP thread and you'll see that. So it must be that I'm "overrating" Diaby, because I do rate him quite highly.

BANNED

Home is where the heart is regardless of location
    OA Cash
    Diaby isn't ANYWHERE near RVP's quality he shown when he was having injury troubles.

You act like he going to become some sort of Yaya Vieira Hybrid that will dominate the midfield for ages to come when he gets back.

Well I can tell you now:

That.
    Will.
    Not.
    Happen.

Lol @ Psychiatrist, someone has selective memory, completely ignores anything crap Diaby does, but yet won't give any single praise for what Ramsey might be good at and focuses like a hawk on all the shit things he does.

You are hilarious.
    What does Ramsey actually do though? I'd rather have the class of Diaby for 45minutes a season than the championship clogger Ramsey for 38 league games a season.

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsOnlyRayParlour View Post
    What does Ramsey actually do though? I'd rather have the class of Diaby for 45minutes a season than the championship clogger Ramsey for 38 league games a season.
    Actually being available for selection for starters....

P.O.T.Y 2011
    - Without Passion, You Have Nada -

OA Cash
    What class of Diaby?

He's rarely shown anything of note and was generally every bit as poor as Denilson was when both were somehow managing to keep Wilshere out of the side. Diaby's class is a myth and one he largely benefits from where almost every player out of the side takes on Superhero status by default when the rest are failing to perform.......He's also far too gormless to be relied upon too and anyone who thinks a backwards free header from a set piece from around the 6 yard box when unchallenged is a good idea shouldn't be at a club like Arsenal.

As for van Persie, he looked potentially world class to me from almost day one and actually was world class after a couple of seasons, it's just that some were a bit slow to notice it. That goal he scored against Blackburn where Robbie Savage tried to kick him out of it was top drawer and he was only about 21 then and I remember another time him having the ball and twisting one way and then the other with Bergkamp wanting a pass, until van Persie smashed on in from long range and an all time great like Bergkamp just stood there and applauded.

Am I missing something here too that some of Diaby's problems are put down to breaking his leg but Ramsey is fair game regardless?

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyMagic View Post
    What class of Diaby?

He's rarely shown anything of note and was generally every bit as poor as Denilson was when both were somehow managing to keep Wilshere out of the side. Diaby's class is a myth and one he largely benefits from where almost every player out of the side takes on Superhero status by default when the rest are failing to perform.......He's also far too gormless to be relied upon too and anyone who thinks a backwards free header from a set piece from around the 6 yard box when unchallenged is a good idea shouldn't be at a club like Arsenal.

As for van Persie, he looked potentially world class to me from almost day one and actually was world class after a couple of seasons, it's just that some were a bit slow to notice it. That goal he scored against Blackburn where Robbie Savage tried to kick him out of it was top drawer and he was only about 21 then and I remember another time him having the ball and twisting one way and then the other with Bergkamp wanting a pass, until van Persie smashed on in from long range and an all time great like Bergkamp just stood there and applauded.

Am I missing something here too that some of Diaby's problems are put down to breaking his leg but Ramsey is fair game regardless?
    I too always felt RvP was class, just as I always felt Diaby was potentially class. In 2009-10 I saw him as on the brink of being legitimately top class (kind of like I saw Samir Nasri in '10/11, or Jack Wilshere in that same season). This season I don't think he ever played without the handbrake off but you could see that if he could ever get a run of games and play without the handbrake he probably would be world class.

The Ramsey-Diaby comparison is a specious one; Ramsey's lack of development is blamed on his leg break. Diaby's further injury problems are blamed on his horror tackle. That is: people try and explain away Ramsey's lack of class by saying that the leg break ruined his development. With Diaby no one needs to explain away his lack of class because there isn't any lack of it, but the horror tackle from Dan Smith is useful in understanding why Diaby's career thenceforth has been a constant struggle to stay fit.

1 likes.

OA Cash
    Oh shit, another massive fight over Diaby. I'll go get my popcorn and get to reading this thread.
    Proud to be a Philly Gooner!

OA Cash
    Would anyone be surprised if he were done for the season? Am sorry, but enough is enough. He needs to be let go off. We cannot continue to persist with him. It's just absurd, even by our standards.

Silver member tubix Champion Craigie's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barciur View Post
    Oh shit, another massive fight over Diaby. I'll go get my popcorn and get to reading this thread.
    It's amazing how much conversation can be had about a player that really does not play very much and therefore there is very little new to say about him.

Silver member Super Collider Champion flower match 2 Champion Extreme Blocks Champion Number Revolution Champion Chicken Went Nuts! Champion Bunny Hop Champion Zombie Zombie Champion shamrockgooner's Avatar

OA Cash
    This thread would be nothing but posts saying "he's injured again" if not for Raymond

2 likes.

OA Cash
    Diaby is still injured.

3 likes.

Jenjitsu Disciple BruceCampbell's Avatar

OA Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
    Diaby is still injured.
    Pretty much sums it up. It doesn't matter if he's Theirry Messi-Ronaldo-Maradona... he hasn't played consistently in 5 years. I feel bad for the kid, but we need to move on.
    Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

BANNED

OA Cash
    I would have thought to say this:we're fucking missing Diaby.He can make stupid decisions sometimes,but he has the ability to drive our midfield forward(only Rozza can do it as well)