User Tag List


Page 1 of 269 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 4025

Thread: Abou Diaby (24)

  1. #1
    late again! Fabster's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right
    Posts
    12,054
    OA Cash
    175000

    Abou Diaby (24)

    NAME - Vassiriki Abou Diaby
    D.O.B - 11th May 1986
    NATIONALITY - French
    BORN - Paris, France
    HEIGHT - 6ft 2"
    WEIGHT - 12st 0lbs

    POSITION - Midfield
    SQUAD NUMBER - 2

    JOINED ARSENAL - 13th January 2006
    FROM - Auxerre (France)
    FEE - £3,000,000
    ARSENAL DEBUT - 21st January 2006, Everton 1-0 Arsenal (Premier League)

    PREMIER LEAGUE - 63 (6)
    CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - 16 (3)
    FA CUP - 9 (0)
    LEAGUE CUP - 10 (1)
    CHARITY SHIELD - 0 (0)

    INTERNATIONAL TEAM - France
    INTERNATIONAL CAPS - 2 (0)

    Abou has been at Arsenal for 4 seasons and has only averaged 15 Premiership games per season due to being constantly injured. In 2008/09 he managed to stay fit and it was his best season so far with 36 games, 4 goals but only 2 assists.
     



  2. #2
    BALLGAME Fabregastic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    526
    OA Cash
    175000

    Diaby

    Throughout the years I have seen Diaby at Arsenal and I have always seen him as a defensive midfielder a.k.a viera II however since throughout this season he has played a wing role, attacking mid, support striker and I don't see now where he slots into the team, if he doesn't specialise in a certain area of the pitch I don't know if he can truly develop to his full potential at Arsenal . Any thoughts?



  3. #3
    Silver member Midfield Maestro's Avatar
    Country: England

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    World of likes
    Posts
    20,262
    OA Cash
    176000
    As I just said in another thread, I think he is an exceptional talent... bar being a bit lazy of course. His ball control and dribbling is probably one of the best at the club.

    Just need him to put that extra 10% in when playing.

    P.O.T.Y 2011
    - Without Passion, You Have Nada -



  4. #4
    More human than human Thomas89's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a stately mansion deep in the wilds of Surrey
    Posts
    12,248
    OA Cash
    175000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabregastic View Post
    Throughout the years I have seen Diaby at Arsenal and I have always seen him as a defensive midfielder a.k.a viera II however since throughout this season he has played a wing role, attacking mid, support striker and I don't see now where he slots into the team, if he doesn't specialise in a certain area of the pitch I don't know if he can truly develop to his full potential at Arsenal . Any thoughts?
    Not another Diaby = Vieira = Defensive midfielder.

    Vieira wasn't a defensive midfielder.

    Diaby certainly isn't a defensive midfielder.

    Diaby is totally different to Vieira in attitude and style. They are both tall and black true but thats not enough to mean they are similar players. By that logic I'm just like Bergkamp as I'm 5ft 11 and white.....and right footed.
    Until it happens, it's all just bollocks and conjecture!!



  5. #5
    OA Member FAZZA1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    427
    OA Cash
    175000
    When it comes to Abu one word springs to mind. INJURY! Fact is he has never been fit long enough to truly establish or cement his postion in the side. A great talent without doubt, but for me a squad player rather than a week in week out starter



  6. #6
    Silver member Midfield Maestro's Avatar
    Country: England

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    World of likes
    Posts
    20,262
    OA Cash
    176000
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas89 View Post
    Not another Diaby = Vieira = Defensive midfielder.

    Vieira wasn't a defensive midfielder.

    Diaby certainly isn't a defensive midfielder.

    Diaby is totally different to Vieira in attitude and style. They are both tall and black, by which means I'm just like Bergkamp as I'm 5ft 11 and white.
    Indeed.

    They are totally different. Vieira could do both attacking and defending quite well... pretty much all round central midfielder and great leader.

    Diaby is more of a flair player who needs to be given the freedom, once given a responsibility to do a job in a certain position, he isn't that great.

    Give him the free role behind the striker and he will tear teams apart... as Fenerbache found out.

    P.O.T.Y 2011
    - Without Passion, You Have Nada -



  7. #7
    OA First Team oompa's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,993
    OA Cash
    175000
    Quote Originally Posted by Midfield Maestro View Post
    Give him the free role behind the striker and he will tear teams apart... as Fenerbache found out.
    this is the role where he is good, the Hleb role. he is good at something no one in our club is, getting the ball through the defenseline, central. he has the guts to challenge one or two players.

    the reason we get stuck standing in attacking mode passing sideways is that there isn't one player in our squad that can do such a basic football component, challenging and getting around a defender :/

    rvp and nasri have their moments, just like vela and ramsey look promising but we are really behind in that department, i always thought we were ever since Henry left. Henry and Bergkamp both could end up with one or two defenders, get past them alone or atleast get a good angle to shoot.

    nowadays (wich is most easily seen in any counterattack situation we create) we have no player that can get around a defender by dribbling. if we pass a long ball to Ade and he is alone with a defender behind him, he will advance up and then pass the ball back to a midfield, let the opponent organize and then we start playing chess again. this every time unless Ade gets the ball in a position/situation where he can try to out run his defender.

    Diaby has the ability (and confidence?) to attempt to open their defense while the rest of the team in 100/100 situations will try to pass their way through.



  8. #8
    Veteran TheBigGooner's Avatar
    Country: Australia

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dubai / UK
    Posts
    5,920
    OA Cash
    175000
    Quote Originally Posted by oompa View Post
    this is the role where he is good, the Hleb role. he is good at something no one in our club is, getting the ball through the defenseline, central. he has the guts to challenge one or two players.

    the reason we get stuck standing in attacking mode passing sideways is that there isn't one player in our squad that can do such a basic football component, challenging and getting around a defender :/

    rvp and nasri have their moments, just like vela and ramsey look promising but we are really behind in that department, i always thought we were ever since Henry left. Henry and Bergkamp both could end up with one or two defenders, get past them alone or atleast get a good angle to shoot.

    nowadays (wich is most easily seen in any counterattack situation we create) we have no player that can get around a defender by dribbling. if we pass a long ball to Ade and he is alone with a defender behind him, he will advance up and then pass the ball back to a midfield, let the opponent organize and then we start playing chess again. this every time unless Ade gets the ball in a position/situation where he can try to out run his defender.

    Diaby has the ability (and confidence?) to attempt to open their defense while the rest of the team in 100/100 situations will try to pass their way through.
    agree with everything!!

    Espessially the last part!!

    Good post!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry
    What makes me laugh is the way Tottenham always celebrate whenever they get a draw against us! When we won the league there in 2004, they equalised to make it 2-2. When I saw Taricco celebrate so much that he injured himself, I said to him, 'you do realise we only need a point, and now we are celebrating the title on your ground?'










  9. #9
    There's always next year Number8's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,340
    OA Cash
    175000
    He plays in the middle and he can't pass a ball square. He'll never make it.
    :facial:MES QUE UN FORUM:vtongue:


    4th Place Through Harmony



  10. #10
    Fresh start TheArsenal4Life's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Near Bournemouth but originally Ruislip.
    Posts
    11,729
    OA Cash
    175000
    This should be merged with the other Diaby thread no?



  11. #11
    BALLGAME Fabregastic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    526
    OA Cash
    175000
    my bad if this thread has been done before, i'm still getting my AF legs

    The thing that I have with Diaby is most of the time we need to alter our formation to 4-5-1 in order to get the most out of him because I don't see where is position is in 4-4-2, because i don't see him in fabregas position or the denilson position.



  12. #12
    Fresh start TheArsenal4Life's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Near Bournemouth but originally Ruislip.
    Posts
    11,729
    OA Cash
    175000
    I think its excellent to have a player that can play effectivly in the wide left right/position, in the middle, or as a attacking midfielder behind a striker who scores frequently and holds up the ball and has great on the ball technique and physical presence.



  13. #13
    7 Adams6's Avatar
    Country: Barbados

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    london
    Posts
    10,174
    OA Cash
    175000
    There was a thread, but it was a poll and died a few months back.

    I've always said he's no Vieira, and not a defensive mid.

    The best i've seen him so far is playing as the 2nd striker, but with RVP and Nasri he will find it hard to get in the team in that role.
    Victoria concordia crescit



  14. #14
    Fresh start TheArsenal4Life's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Near Bournemouth but originally Ruislip.
    Posts
    11,729
    OA Cash
    175000
    I thought that it would be interesting to see how he fills in Cescs position whilst he out. Hes strong on the ball and has good vision, it would save us buying if wenger doesnt feel we need to.



  15. #15
    The Iceman DB10 SA_Gooner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Midrand, South Africa
    Posts
    1,686
    OA Cash
    175000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabregastic View Post
    Throughout the years I have seen Diaby at Arsenal and I have always seen him as a defensive midfielder a.k.a viera II however since throughout this season he has played a wing role, attacking mid, support striker and I don't see now where he slots into the team, if he doesn't specialise in a certain area of the pitch I don't know if he can truly develop to his full potential at Arsenal . Any thoughts?

    Initially I've seen him as the guy to replace Viera, but after watching him the past 2 seasons he's best played as a CAM behind a lone striker where he can use his strength and ball control skills to pierce balls through the middle. If he can stay fit and injury free I reckon Diaby would become a world class player and possibly land his 1st inter cap.



Page 1 of 269 123451151101 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •