PDA

View Full Version : Job application questions

Ollie B
18-01-2011, 14:16
Im currently trying to apply for another job and the application has thrown me a couple of questions which i find odd. The company is Ocado a food online distributer in the UK. I just wanted to see what other peoples answers would be so that it might help me answer them properly. Serious answers! Please help :)

You are running a bar but due to a power cut you will be opening 30 minutes late, there is a queue outside, what would you do?

In your local restaurant how would you expect the staff to look and how would you expect to be spoken to?

shamrockgooner
18-01-2011, 14:23
You are running a bar but due to a power cut you will be opening 30 minutes late, there is a queue outside, what would you do?

Open anyway and sell bottles of beer. The mark up is far above that of a pint anyway and you can always use a calculator to add up the bills.

In your local restaurant how would you expect the staff to look and how would you expect to be spoken to?

I would expect the staff to look interested and I would expect to be spoken to in English. ;)

Sorry. Doubt thats what you were after. :)

Ollie B
18-01-2011, 14:25
LOL its better then nothing but im after some answers more serious then that :D

El Bee
18-01-2011, 14:48
Im currently trying to apply for another job and the application has thrown me a couple of questions which i find odd. The company is Ocado a food online distributer in the UK. I just wanted to see what other peoples answers would be so that it might help me answer them properly. Please help :)

1. Go and explain to them what is happening. Always keep your custmers informed. Have some kind of hand stamp/Business card (anything you know is yours), those that are outside offer them a free drink when they get in as an incentive to wait rather than taking their customer elsewhere. Bribary works wonders :)

2. I expect staff to be well presented and smart, not too much makeup, no offensive piercings and no overpowering perfume/aftershave. I would expect to be spoken to in a professional but friendly manner and always with respect.

Sharif the gooner
18-01-2011, 14:51
offer a free lapdance for the first 10 customers who spend over 10 .

Ollie B
18-01-2011, 14:52
Thank you El Bee. Very Helpful

Number8
18-01-2011, 17:11
Q1)

I'd go out, explain the situation to them. When they come in I'd make sure there's free snacks out on the table for the inconvenience. Make sure they're hot and salty as this'll just make them buy more drinks.

Q2)

Depends on the bar really on how they look. Spoken to - with respect, but create a comfortable and informal enough environment where they can be open with you. Oh and show some cleavage.

El Bee
18-01-2011, 17:20
Q1)

I'd go out, explain the situation to them. When they come in I'd make sure there's free snacks out on the table for the inconvenience. Make sure they're hot and salty as this'll just make them buy more drinks.

Q2)

Depends on the bar really on how they look. Spoken to - with respect, but create a comfortable and informal enough environment where they can be open with you. Oh and show some cleavage.

NB: not if the said person is a bloke with moobs :thumbup:

I_W
18-01-2011, 18:48

Offer some kind of voucher to all in the queue for one free drink when they get in. Obviously with a limit on price so that you don't lose out too much.

In a local restuarant I'd expect to see the smartly dressed but not overly smart and I'd want them to be polite and friendly and up for a laugh.

Out of interest, what's the position?

BradyMagic
18-01-2011, 19:29
Ask if any of them are electricians. :tongue:

DB10
19-01-2011, 04:02
Tell them that there is generally more than one pub on the high street. And it's their choice to wait out in the cold or go somewhere else....Or is that not what you're after?

Ollie B
19-01-2011, 08:49
Thanks folk for the answers. Some are funny though :D

I was applying for a operations Manager position for Ocado